P90x (Read 6266 times)

Wingz and marktman -- Do you two call each other in the morning to coordinate your avatars?

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Wingz

Professional Noob

Wingz and marktman -- Do you two call each other in the morning to coordinate your avatars?

Ha ha!  I've been doing something orange and martial arts-related for months now, just picking and choosing from a bunch I downloaded.

Roads were made for journeys...

hjericks

I love you P90X

Highly recommended- some Disks are easy- most are very difficult

Gotta TRI

We've had P90X for some time now and use it on and off. I just threw in the core synergistics last night and man am I feeling it today!
          2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
          Kimmie

I did P90x for the first time today.....   Loved it!!!   I am relatively weak, though, and looking forward to getting to the point of doing unassisted pull ups.

We should start a group here because I will be curious to see how this will negatively/positively affect my running.

Kimmie

I did the plyo workout today... unbelievable.

Cool Jump Suit

My wife purchased it last year and did one or two workouts.  It was too  intense for her.  She said it was all about muscle confusion.  Well, she ended up confused I guess, because it was sent back for a full refund.

So bittersweet,
                This tragedy
                Won't ask for absolution;
                This melody,
                Inside of me,
                Still searches for solution.
                A twist of faith,
                A change of heart
                Cures my infatuation.
                A broken heart, 
                Provides the spark
                For my determination.

Intentionally Blank

I'd join a P90x group.  My spouse and I are going to start it after the holidays.  I am hoping to keep a minimum 30mpw doing the program.

3 office duffsitters I work with tried P90X 3-4 monthes ago.  They all lasted about 2 monthes and then 2 of the 3 ended up hurting their backs.  The 3rd gave up due to lack of company.  I would sit in on the easier stuff, the yoga and stretching.  It is pretty intense stuff and if you aren't active or used to that sort of thing, it seems like it could be conducive to injury.

Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
                    bdub

Shoe Alarmist

requires you to give up beer. " 

I was intersted in P90X based on things I heard.  Rumors if you will.  

I clicked on this thread to learn more.

I didn't read anything after this post from page 1 because P90X is now dead to me.  

Kimmie

re: people getting injured.

they have tons of disclaimers about how intense it is... and they recommend you pass a fitness test before you even start it.  I am sure that people get injured, but I just think you have to be smart about it.  Don't do the exercises with poor form... easier said than done, though.

xor

Well, that's a problem/risk with lots (all, probably) of the do-it-in-your-living-room dvd programs... exercising with poor form leading to injury.  Not just this.  Yoga is notorious for that...

I haven't gotten into P90X mostly because it sounds like a watch or a gps.

(ok, not really. Last year, it just sounded like The Next Big Trend. And it has been.  Bets being taken on what's next.)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

(ok, not really. Last year, it just sounded like The Next Big Trend. And it has been.  Bets being taken on what's next.)

I'm placing my bet on P91x.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

i sacrificed the gift

Crossfit

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
                              Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
                              Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA

i sacrificed the gift

I'm placing my bet on P91x.

There's already P90x+ but it's designed to be sort of a "maintenance mode" thing after doing P90x.

This is their new hardcore program.

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
                                Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
                                Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA