Brooks Deyance 8 - callus & hot spots (Read 51 times)

ud32

I have been running in Brooks Defyance for years - they fit well. Except the model I have now - 8 - caused hot spot, blister and now they are just large calluses. One is on outside of my left big toe and the second major callus is right below the first - on the inside of my left foot - on the side of my left foot directly below my big toe - basically the outside of the ball of my foot.

Very small version of these two calluses have developed on my right foot. Could it be the shoe? Or maybe some change to my running gait? If it is the shoe what do I need a wider toe box? Can I get that in the Defyance or is there a similar shoe from another company someone may recommend?

AnneCA

I recently switched from the Defyance to the Glycerine.  I think Brooks is phasing out the Defyance?  At least in women's; they were getting harder to find, and my local running store said the Glycerine was the replacement.  I've been in Brooks since the 90s, and I still think the Radius was the best, but what can you do when they keep changing the damn models?  I've had no problems with the switch to the Glycerine.

ud32

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the Glycerin. Normally to get the defiance my store needs to special order it.

ud32

I bought Saucony Triumph ISO 2 - so far so good!