Mileage discrepancy (Read 1175 times)

Prince of Fatness

If you look at my summary page it shows that I ran 1,772.6 miles, time 282:23:55 for this year.  If I run a report it comes to 1776.0 miles, time 282:56:37 for this year.

This is certainly not a big deal, but I wanted to make you aware of the discrepancy.

Not at it at all. 

Marylander

Rounding at different points?

May be coincidence, but the time/distance difference is precisely the same as the 7/25 Easy.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

For another data point, I tried the same thing, and mine come out exactly the same.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

eric :)

Another user reported a similar discrepancy a couple of weeks ago.  As I explained to him, the yearly stats are cached to avoid having to sum up the workout distances and durations all the time.  Somehow, the cached numbers became out of synch with the workout data.  I don't know how it happened.  Do you mind if I not reset your cache for the time being until I get a chance to look into it?

Prince of Fatness

Do you mind if I not reset your cache for the time being until I get a chance to look into it?

I don't mind at all.  This is a minor inconvenience at best.  I wouldn't have even started a thread but I figured that you would want to know that a potential issue exists.

Thanks Eric.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Don't know if this is related, or if it is because you are working on the problem, but my 2011 totals no longer show on the overall run totals widget.

Not at it at all. 

I ran a report yesterday while investigating the discrepancy issue and found some 240 users with the problem.  As I explained in a previous post, the discrepancy came from the cached yearly distance being out of sync with the actual workouts.  I deleted the cache, which is why your log does not show your 2011 totals.  When you add a new run, the cache will be regenerated and then everything will be in sync again.

It is odd, however, that the data is out of sync for you.  Would you mind keeping tabs on the 2011 totals and let me know as soon as it's out of sync again?  I want to know what you're doing that's causing the discrepancy so I can fix it.

Prince of Fatness

It is odd, however, that the data is out of sync for you.  Would you mind keeping tabs on the 2011 totals and let me know as soon as it's out of sync again?  I want to know what you're doing that's causing the discrepancy so I can fix it.

I added a run and the total is in sync.  The only thing that I can think of on my side is over the summer I was having a lot of issues with my crappy Verizon DSL service.  I would never get completely dropped, but I would see a bunch of packet loss on their routers when I did some traces.  Maybe somehow those connectivity issues came into play?  Anyway  I'll keep an eye on it for you.  Thanks.

Not at it at all. 

ymmv

I added a run and the total is in sync.  The only thing that I can think of on my side is over the summer I was having a lot of issues with my crappy Verizon DSL service.  I would never get completely dropped, but I would see a bunch of packet loss on their routers when I did some traces.  Maybe somehow those connectivity issues came into play?  Anyway  I'll keep an eye on it for you.  Thanks.

I've noticed for some time now, that on the 'Overall Run totals' widget of my summary page, my year-to-date total this year is always 3.1 miles less than what I get when I run Reports - Current Year - Group Results by Year, Activity: Run

It's really a minor issue, unless it helps you find a problem somewhere.

Kelwood

I figured I'd jump in, here, as my weekly total doesn't sum up to my actual weekly total.  This is the first week it has happened.  The actual sum, the weekly total listed in the calendar, and the weekly total on my summary page are all different values.  Not a huge issue, but wanted to mention it.  Thanks!

Did you remember what you did differently this time?  I'm guessing there's one code path that is not updating the distance cache.

Kelwood

The first time I noticed it, I had used my cell phone browser to load the run, so perhaps that had something to do with it.  I just deleted that entry, though, and re-entered it on my computer the way I usually do, and both the calendar and summary are still off - from the real total and each other.  Is there a way to reset it?  If not, no problem - I'll figure out something.

And thanks for everything.  This is a great site!

Kelwood,

I reset the yearly distance value on your account.  It will be regenerated when you add a new run.  I noticed that your Dec 21 entry has an invalid distance unit.  Do you remember whether you used your smart phone to enter that workout?

For everyone else that had this problem, did you ever use your smart phones to enter workouts?