NYC Marathon (Read 553 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

I am sure this has been posted but I thought I'd seek out an update... Who's running the NYC 08 Marathon? I'm in. Doing well on my training, ran 16.5 miles at a very comfy 8 min pace yesterday, despite the heat. I've found that my long runs are just sooooo much more enjoyable if I take all the advice I read and run them 30 seconds or so slower than I plan to in the marthon, at least for now. I work on speed during the week on shorter runs and I'll up the pace next month, but for now, man it's nice to not push it so much. Anyway, who else is running NYC this year?

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

Mishka-old log

I'll be there. Finally getting into a good groove with things. LR up to 12, going to 14 this week. I'm not going to do much in the way of pace work...just miles. I'm looking at 2008 as a build into the 2009 season.

My legs are killing me

I'll be there too. I am really looking forward to it. I'm scheduled to do 15 this weekend and training has been going well.
          I'll be there. Training hasn't been great, but going into it, I wasn't intending to RACE it, but run it w/ a friend. He didn't get it, so I'm solo. I'm sure I'll step up the training this month and next month.
          Mishka-old log

There is a NYC Marathon group. I forgot about it. Check it out here.
            seeEricaRun

Awesome

I'll be there. Training severely hampered by salmonella and amoebic dysentery.
                I'll be there hopefully. Trying to beat an ankle ligament tear - If I can come back from this and make it across the NYC finish line, it will be that much sweeter! Potentially running without a full-scale training program has forced me to re-focus. Just finishing will have to suffice - no PR this time.

Imminent Catastrophe

I'll be there. Training severely hampered by salmonella and amoebic dysentery.
                  Geez, what a weak excuse. Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016