How do you display/show off your medals?? (Read 2911 times)

All hanging on the garage wall. Except for the stuffed monkey--hanging from a noose with a safety pin in his eye.

In a shoebox, with my race bibs. Top shelf of my closet.

Sandi Sue

A group of my friends and I will put on our medals when we get together and then makes jokes about how many medals we are wearing and who has the biggest one, etc. "Did you see this medal? It's huge. I'll bet you're impressed by it." It cracks us up every time. Oh well, I guess you have to be there. LOL Wink

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

I made a scrap book. For each race I glue in my bib, a print out of my time, any pics my DH or whoever might have taken/given me and the medal if there was one...it is not fancy-just a bunch of junk glued in a book; but it keeps it all together and can be fun to look back on.

Running Dad

I made a scrap book. For each race I glue in my bib, a print out of my time, any pics my DH or whoever might have taken/given me and the medal if there was one...it is not fancy-just a bunch of junk glued in a book; but it keeps it all together and can be fun to look back on.
            I don't feel like such a dork now.. I do the same thing.. I've got one of the greatest fans, my wife, that goes to all my races and takes a picture as I start and as I cross the finish line. Not to mention she's the only one screaming for me at the end telling me that I'll beat that 25 minute mark if I just "Hurry UP!". :-)
            Things to do this year:
            Not get an injury
            Things done this year:
            Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??

Prophet!

How can you be a two-time marathon runner without any finisher's medals? Some bizarre Hawaiian state regulation? I have three HM and one marathon currently hanging from a curtain rod finial.
              i don't know where they went..will have to check the kid's toychest.
                One of these days I'll be "granted" a wall in the family room, but for now it's all taken over by the Eagles and the Flyers. For now I just have a shelf in my closet that I attempt to keep organized with my bibs and such. Sad

Michelle

I hang mine up in front of me at work (on my cubicle wall behind my computer monitor). They tend to be inspirational, for me, a reminder that "If I can run a marathon/50k, i can do anything!". Big grin
                  Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                    I have 9 medals, all from 5K's, hanging off a 5x7 picture of my son, on my clothes dresser. My husband says #10 just might be the last I can hang there without it pulling the picture off the shelf. Shocked
                    Goals:HM <2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner. htfu="" encourage="" my="" dh="" to="" get="" out="" of="" his=""></2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner.>
                      Me, too. I keep all my medals hanging from a hook by my desk. Not so much to re-inspire me, but to inspire my squaddies to run father and faster. If an old broken-down warhorse like me can run marathons, these young bucks ought to be able to to the same.
                        If an old broken-down warhorse like me
                        Is 42 all that bad? Should I be worried? (I'm 36) Sad

Michelle

Is 42 all that bad? Should I be worried? (I'm 36) Sad
                          42 isn't bad. In a lot of ways, I'm better at 42 than I was at 22. But it's all relative. Most of the guys under me are are in their late teens to mid-20's. That makes a 42 year old something of a relic. And don't worry - 36 and a runner...you'll live forever! RLTW Mike

The shirtless wonder

I keep my medals as well as my shirts from marathons on a shelf in "my room." I haven't run very many races so it's not cluttered yet. I was given a display box as a gift for my first marathon (from crossing the line -- ctlproducts.com which I have handing on the wall in my office. Greg

Into the wild

Bottom draw of bedside table in a big spaghetti mess.... must sort that out some time Smile

Shut up and run

fxdgear

Not sure, but I think all of them eventually made it to the trash within a couple of weeks.