How do you display/show off your medals?? (Read 2911 times)

Here is the one that I am most proud of and this is what my wife did for me

2009 Goals...:
    -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
    KvnJns

Buy a piece of drift wood about 24 inches long that has a lot of small branches on it and hang from your wall.....then hang your medals on it.  It looks really cool because they are randomly placed all over the branches for everyone to see your accomplishments.  I set one up for my girlfriend and it came out awesome.  Plus it makes it unique instead of using those shadow boxes.

Got a picture of it. I am curious.

Kevin

Nail on the wall with a bazillion finisher medals in a big ugly clump.

The only thing that gets a place of honor is my one and only belt buckle and an empty bottle of "Miwok 100k" Beer.

Big box in closet contains all my medals and trophies and such.  If I had a bigger place I might display them but I'm not so into the encompassing shrine to me it would appear to be in my current tiny house. 

Yes, I prefer to worship myself in private. Wink

xor

Nail on the wall with a bazillion finisher medals in a big ugly clump.

The only thing that gets a place of honor is my one and only belt buckle and an empty bottle of "Miwok 100k" Beer.

Wait.  Hold the phone.

There's Miwok BEER?

Ok, now I know what to do.  (and yes I realize I just responded to a Pete post from 2009)

Imminent Catastrophe

Wait.  Hold the phone.

There's Miwok BEER?

Ok, now I know what to do.  (and yes I realize I just responded to a Pete post from 2009)

I so have to get into that lottery. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

My wife turned our eating area (dining room) into a fun running/beer themed room for me.  It has several marathon posters, movie posters (all framed) mixed with some beer posters and bar signs.  Right in a strategic place is a rod with many hooks (Ithink designed to hold keys) and she hung all my marathon medals on this.  Across the top of the fridge is the different beers that have adorned my fridge and some age group stuff from a few marathons.  It is actually a pretty cool room but I do not like my medals hanging there but she says it is a conversation peice and sort of inspirational to those who visit.  

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

Wait.  Hold the phone.

There's Miwok BEER?

jay Peak extreme offroad race that used to be ran in Vermont is one place I have a special beer.  There was a Jay Peak Tram Ale that wasn't bad but the bottle has the medal (Dog Tag styled) around it displayed in the running beer room at the house.  It and one of my MCM medals are the only two not hung amongst the hooks on the rod they are displayed on.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

I had the same problem, where to display my ever growing medal collection. I searched the internet and didnt find anything I liked, so I decided to make my own. I have made a few others for friends, each one is a unique design.

Pammie

Me Bad they are in a carrier bag somewhere or a cardboard box can't remember. Have got 2 trophys on the sideboard

I hang mine in the bathroom on my necklace holder beside the counter. They are kind of mixed up, and the sparkly  necklaces give them even more color.  I am inspired by them. 

blackdove

Display medals in a cabinet or bookcase.  There's enough room for trophies, plaques and other awards.  Medals are lightweight and easy to mount on a display board.  Here are some ideas for displaying medals in a cabinet.

you're making me fell 'all dirty' about my ziplog back in the closet.

Old Running Guy!

I have an old large diameter curtain rod, complete with brackets, that I have fastened to the wall in my home office.  I have my medals on this in groups, Marathons, Half Marathons, Relays etc.  It works pretty well.  Similar idea to the coat hook rail, posted earlier.Smile

Run Run Run

2012 Goals
                              Complete Dances with Dirt extreme trail relay.

1800 miles total

Run the Legend Trail Half Marathon

Run the Timber Trail XT 8 mile extreme trail run

I hang them on the back of the doorknob in my work shop.....

If I ever WIN a race, Ill put it in a frame an put it over the mantle......but participation medals just go behind the door......

Champions are made when no one is watching