How do you display/show off your medals?? (Read 2911 times)

BeeRunB

They're In the Smithsonian between Dorothy's slippers and Archie & Edith's chairs.

Here's one way to show them off.

--Jimmy Cool

ultramarathon/triathlete

They're In the Smithsonian between Dorothy's slippers and Archie & Edith's chairs.

--Jimmy Cool

Hahaha, that artist is actually pretty funny.  Surprised I haven't seen those before. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
      Gatorade Endurance Team

jpdeaux

I wear all of mine around my neck everywhere I go.

Did you run Shamrock - Virginia Beach in 2008 at about a 3:30 pace? I almost pushed you into a ditch. Sorry.

kcam

--Jimmy Cool

Very funny, Jimmy!  I bookmarked it.

xhristopher

I hang mine on the bedpost in the hope that if Mrs Jules gets frisky the tinkling will put her off. It's worked for me so far but there again it could just be my appearance and poor personal hygiene.

Hung from your "bedpost?" This gives new meaning to the "family Jules."

Feeling the growl again

I've been meaning to put up shelves in a certain location to display my running stuff since we moved in here 5 years ago.  I finally found time to make the shelves, and it was due to this thread that I got thinking and designed them specifically to include a way to show the medals:

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Nice work on the shelves. They are very cool.

You officially have more trophies than races I've even been in. I need to race more.

Though, displaying the duct tape on the bottom left shelf...is that a tribute to the almighty power of the grey miracle strips?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Feeling the growl again

Though, displaying the duct tape on the bottom left shelf...is that a tribute to the almighty power of the grey miracle strips?

Ha.  Guess I should go put that away Wink

There's a small piece holding on each ribbon before they are wrapped around the dowels.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Chris UK

This is how I made a free stand for my medals from an inverted plastic basket rim. I just used a craft knife and a mini hacksaw. I'm sure similar baskets must be available almost world wide?

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Maggie & Molly

I've only run two.  My first (NB half) in 5/11 is hanging from my rearview mirror.  I stuck it there when I left the race and well Blush I sort of like seeing it so there is stays.  The other is hanging from a nail in my dressing room. 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Kalsarikännit

I'll admit to hanging my mara and ultra medals from a long ribbon in my room.  I like looking at them.  They don't represent the races to me.  They represent the people I have met, the progress I have made as a runner and most importantly, the great places I have been able to discover.  Because of that, my very favorite thing I have hanging up is my map.  I (weirdly) love maps, and I love plotting out the things I have done on this one (blue-maras, orange- ultras, magenta- Nat Parks, purpleish- state highpoints).

I would love to see what would happen if SRL was to do this, but I think we would end up with a nationwide pin shortage.  Big grin

stick it

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

That's a really cool map!  Good idea.

Intentionally Blank

Mine end up in a junk drawer and/or in the kids' dress up clothes, and then eventually thrown away.  I am an anti-pack rat and rarely keep things for their sentimental value.

Kalsarikännit

It has been pointed out before but it doesn't hurt to point it out again:

There are a lot of people that consider them junk, but instead of throwing them away or burying them somewhere, how about Medals for Mettle? They only accept marathon, half marathon and triathlon medals, but it will mean a lot to a sick child.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart