Link between running and sex drive?? (Read 1465 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Has anyone else noticed a positive link between amount of training and their sex drive? I have just come back to running after an enforced lay off of almost 12 mths (!!) and my DW thinks there is a definite link!! Grateful to hear anyone elses thoughts. Blush

There's definitely a link in my case... Evil grin
      Purdey

Self anointed title

There's definitely a link in my case... Thanks. Does your drive increase with mileage or is there a point where it starts to decrease?

C-R

There's definitely a link in my case... Evil grin
          I can't believe Zoom, Jake and Scout haven't posted. I feel so ahead of the curve for once. Oh yeah back to the question - what he said. No clue on mileage but I'm pretty sure you can't do both at the same time. Cool

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Purdey

Self anointed title

I can't believe Zoom, Jake and Scout haven't posted. I feel so ahead of the curve for once. Oh yeah back to the question - what he said. No clue on mileage but I'm pretty sure you can't do both at the same time. Cool
            Not without breaking your stride anyway! Wink

There's definitely a link in my case... Thanks. Does your drive increase with mileage or is there a point where it starts to decrease?
              Not sure yet. I'm at ~31 mpw, my highest weekly mileage ever, and my drive is higher than ever. I don't see it stopping here, but I'm sure you can get to a point where you're running so many miles that you're tired all the time.

My legs are killing me

It works for me! Good ab workout too. Abdominal thrusts. bob

Go Pre!

I WAS GOING TO SAY THE SAME THING! I go in waves...the drive goes up, but the workouts lead to laziness by the time bedtime rolls around but as long as DW is feeling energetic and initiative, I am good to go! MTA:On off days however...LOOK OUT!
                  JakeKnight

I can't believe Zoom, Jake and Scout haven't posted.
                    It's because I'm very innocent and a little prudish. I don't want dog # 2 seeing this thread; she's very sensitive. I'm sure Scout's reasons are similar. Zoom is probably at a shoe store and will check in shortly.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

Hard endurance training is shown to decrease testosterone levels in males therefore decreasing the sex drive.
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hard endurance training is shown to decrease testosterone levels in males therefore decreasing the sex drive.
                        Now you know why running slow and easy is encouraged.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Is it OK to have sex before a race? Yes, as long as you don't bother the other runners at the starting line.
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom is probably at a shoe store and will check in shortly.
                            Heh...not quite. But I do have 3 pair that will be arriving within the next few days (stocking up on my favorite discontinued model). Last week was my highest mileage week, yet, and I'm attempting to increase this week's mileage to a mile or two over that. I think your theory is spot-on, Purdey. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh heh...he said hard. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

Last week was my highest mileage week, yet, and I'm attempting to increase this week's mileage to a mile or two over that. I think your theory is spot-on, Purdey. Evil grin
                                Hi Zoomy Zoom Zoomer. I wonder if it affects men and women differently... I take it your increased mileage is not leading to a bedroom reduction! Roll eyes