My New Favorite Cross Training (Read 1112 times)

I got two cool birthday presents last week - a core stability board and the new Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s. I watched the demo DVD that came with the core board and was a little, well, umm, bored with it. And while I truly love Guitar Hero 1 and 2 - I didn't have the same feeling for the new one. Flock of Seagulls? The Vapors? Oh my, there's a good reason why I've forgotten a lot of the 80's. Well, that and maybe some activities that shouldn't be discussed in a PG forum. But I digress. So after sitting through a 13 inning baseball game last night, I felt like doing something, but it was sort of late to be going for a run. So I went upstairs to the playroom and turned on the Playstation, grabbed the guitar and started playing Guitar Hero while trying to balance on the core board. It was sort of like when that guy accidentally dipped his chocolate bar into the peanut butter to invent Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - not really, but one of those sounds really good right now. Seriously though, this ended up being a great workout that was very fun. My abs are still a little sore today and my calves don't feel as tight as they normally do. The silliness of trying to stay balanced while playing a guitar offset the cheesiness of the actual game. Next time I will give it a whirl on some of the better songs found on GH 1 or 2. Oh, yeah. This is by far the best birthday present ever.... They look like normal sandals, until you flip them over: Yes. That is a beer bottle opener.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

You'll ruin your knees!

Well, happy belated! Your sandal's model name is BYOB! Reef also makes a model with a "flask" built in! It's called the Dram! See the "mouth" in this image...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Thanks, Lynn. That's a great sandal as well. Maybe we can trade one each and then we'll both have a flask and a bottle opener!

You are taking cross training to new level. Did you see this? I'd assume 80's Guitar Hero would have the following The Cult - She Sells the Sanctuary Guns n Roses - Sweet Child of Mine and Welcome to The Jungle Faith No More - Epic Living Colour - Cult of Personality White Snake - Here I Go Again Reef must be a subsidiary of Wenger. By the way, Arnold Schwarzenegger and I shared a birthday last week.

Vim

Happy belated to you too then, Modal! Yours is the day before mine. Funny cartoon - I think some bands already do that Big grin Here's the soundtrack for the new Guitar Hero