PF Chang's Rock N Roll Half-Marathon - Phoenix - Sunday - 1/13/08 (Read 1155 times)

http://www.rnraz.com/home.html Anybody on here doing this one? I'm going to give it a shot with some coworkers... I haven't ran 13 miles in QUITE awhile, but my long runs are usually 10 miles...Starting this week I'm going to add mileage to my long runs (both to complete my goal of 1000K for the year AND to get ready for the Half-Mary)... Any advice from anyone? Anybody else doing this?
    "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

My dogs are fast, not me

I'm meeting my sister-in-law from Portland, OR there and we're doing the half. It will be her first half, but my fourth. We're just hoping she can stay injury free until then! We're planning for a fun girls weekend. My non-running friends don't understand how running 13.1 is a fun weekend, but we'll have a blast!

Robin

My non-running friends don't understand how running 13.1 is a fun weekend, but we'll have a blast!
        Isn't THAT the truth, ha ha ha....See you there! Big grin
        "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that sounds so nice! AZ in Jan...I would be all over that weather! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'll be there but so far I'm signed up for the full. Last year it was really cold so check the weather to prep just in case. Even though we're in AZ, it isn't always super warm in Jan. Of course, I know with folks being from all over in this group, "cold" is relative. Big grin Anyway, I think it was in the 30s last year and very dry.
              I still haven't signed up for this, but plan to by the end of this month... Any RA'ers planning on being there?

yes, uhuh, yup. count me in. it's my goal race... so i'm suffering now. running too many miles, and i'm getting more and more stoopid... anyway, had a blast in the cold last year and broke 3hrs for the first time... this year i'm hoping to crank it down a little more and run a new pr. as an intro: i'm from tucson, running for 29 yrs now, and the only new prs i seem to be able to set are in the marathon. not sure what i'm going to do 5 years from now... run further? Roll eyes edited: or even farther? Dead
                HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Am doing the Full. Hoping to get near 3:30 which would be a PR (I have only run 2 marathons both in the last few months). Regardless, it should be a great time - good sponsor, flat course, good weather (knock on wood).

• Black Canyon 100k
                  • RRR
                  • Zane Grey 100k
                  • High Lonesome 100
                  • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                  • The Bear 100
                  • Javelina Jundred (?)

Maniac

as an intro: i'm from tucson, running for 29 yrs now, and the only new prs i seem to be able to set are in the marathon. not sure what i'm going to do 5 years from now... run further? Roll eyes edited: or even farther? Dead
                    Hey Solar...I think that means you're supposed to run an ultra... I'm in for the half...I'm going to break 2 hours (I know, slow for you folks). Okay, I'm for sure going to break 2:10, but I'm trying for 1:59:59....I so badly want to be able to say 1:something when giving my time for the race.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Go Pre!

I'm in for the half...I'm going to break 2 hours (I know, slow for you folks). Okay, I'm for sure going to break 2:10, but I'm trying for 1:59:59....I so badly want to be able to say 1:something when giving my time for the race.
                      1 something? not a prob...if you break 2;10 by a minute you can say you ran a 1:69!

Maniac

1 something? not a prob...if you break 2;10 by a minute you can say you ran a 1:69!
                        Smile I'm totally going to do that...lol.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

I ran this last year and it was my first marathon. I had a great time and absolutely loved the Phoenix/ Tempe area. Some of the bands are pretty awful, but the spectators are awesome and its a fun course to run.
                            don't let 'em fool you with that nice weather stuff. only got up to 65 degrees today!
                            weissjaz

Hot Tamale Girl

This will be my second time running the half. Hope to improve my time dramatically!

My Hero

Been planning to run the Half for about six months now and just registered this morning. Why am I such a procrastinator when it comes to signing up to run? If there are anymore last-minute folks that need to sign-up, you can still use the code: SWAROCKS and save $15.00. Not really sure what to expect time-wise for the Half. Hit 1:51 ( @ the 1/2) while doing the SD Marathon last June. My weekly mileage has been about the same as when I trained for the full, but I haven't run anything longer than 16 miles for the long run. Weeel see.