New Member & coolrunning.com Refugee (Read 787 times)

New member here. Hello everyone! I was not hugely active on coolrunning.com, but I was a member their for the last three years. Finally, I just had enough. Besides its cumbersome new forums and the Active.com debacle, that community just isn't the community that I so loved at one time. Not sure how to articulate it, but IT JUST ISN'T THE SAME. I love change, but that was just a mess. Anyway......I like the simplicity and the logical construct of the site here at RunningAHEAD.com. From what I can tell there is a lot of good knowledge around here. I am looking forward to getting to know RunningAHEAD a lot more.......

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi, Sean, and welcome to RA! I see you like beer...you're in good company. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

welcome to another refugee! I actually never posted at CR, just logged, but this is a great group!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Hi, Sean, and welcome to RA! I see you like beer...you're in good company. Big grin
          Kristen.........OH MY GOD! That is AWESOME!! Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that group. Now I have yet another reason for hanging out around here. Big grin

Queen of 3rd Place

Welcome Sean! There are quite a few ex-CR folks here. You're gonna love the log! You can make it public, which is VERRY helpful when you're looking for training advice. The beer-heads are good, too Wink Arla

Ex runner

kcam

Hey Sean - you'll like it here. I liked the CR running log but I absolutely love the log and the way you can see most people's logs here. That picture of you outside the stadium - I knew immediately where that was taken. I ran the 07 RnR Marathon there and stood around for what seemed like an hour waiting for my sister and her friend to finish the marathon.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The beer-heads are good, too Wink Arla
                Beer head...heh. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Beer head...heh. Tongue
                  Thanks, everyone, for making me feel welcome. Hey, Arla, I love the motorcycle. That is another one of my passions. I had the opportunity to spend a boat load of money and I built a custom pro-street style bike from the ground up about 4 years ago.......here is a pic of my baby..... I keep thinking I would like to pick up an old European bike to tinker with just for fun.....a BMW, Norton, BSA, or something like that. campisi and Arla, when I began running three years ago I used the CR running log. I didn't like the thought of a server crashing and such and found a great Excel spreadsheet log I have been using since......that is, until my wife got me a Garmin 305 for Christmas this last year. Now I only use SportTracks to download and log all my runs. If any of you have a Garmin, I would encourage you to download SportTracks.......it absolutely ROCKS!!! Not really sure that I will log my runs on RA, though.......we'll see.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's hot. Big grin Hey, motorcycles...have you ever seen the Ewan McGregor/Charlie Boorman documentary series, "Long Way 'Round?" It's excellent. They take BMW bikes around the globe, starting in London and ending up in NYC. They have also completed a "Long Way Down" series that starts in Scotland and ends up in Cape Town, SA, I believe. I'm looking forward to that being available on DVD here.

~ Sarah Kay

I have heard about that........keep meaning to watch it. While you reminded me, I just added it to my Netflix queue.

Welcome to the CR refugee club, there are quite a few of us here and more coming by the minute with the current stagnant status of the CR forum. Not sure how long we'll need to maintain this refugee status, I guess only time will tell. Anyway, this is a great group and the running log is excellent. Tom
                          That's hot. Big grin Hey, motorcycles...have you ever seen the Ewan McGregor/Charlie Boorman documentary series, "Long Way 'Round?" It's excellent. They take BMW bikes around the globe, starting in London and ending up in NYC. They have also completed a "Long Way Down" series that starts in Scotland and ends up in Cape Town, SA, I believe. I'm looking forward to that being available on DVD here.
                          There was a book by Jimmie Rogers called "Investment Biker" (he was one of the guys on CNBC a few years ago and a Wall St. analyst). He took his BMW around the world and told the tale but inserted comments on the financial health of various places he stopped. For someone who doesn't get into finance, it was pretty enlightening how the rest of the world works. TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There was a book by Jimmie Rogers called "Investment Biker" (he was one of the guys on CNBC a few years ago and a Wall St. analyst). He took his BMW around the world and told the tale but inserted comments on the financial health of various places he stopped. For someone who doesn't get into finance, it was pretty enlightening how the rest of the world works. TC
                              That would be really interesting. Stuff like that fascinates me...being able to get a peek at people and ways of life that I otherwise would have no opportunity to experience. BTW, Ewan McGregor adopted one of the little girls he met in an orphanage in Mongolia while on the trip. The guys in LWR were doing work for UNICEF while on their journey.

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

Take it from a former CR girl, once you go RA you don't go back.

Bugs