Jan. 5 - What's your temp? (Read 748 times)

Am I doing this right?

I just ran 5 miles outside in shorts and a t-shirt on Jan 5.  Probably could have gone without sleeves too, although the sun was setting towards the end of the run, cooling it off a bit.

It was over 60F today.  Around these parts this time of the year it's usually 5F, or maybe even -5F.

Very weird.

That is all.

No excuses....

bblack

51 degrees in northern Illinois. I was able to run in shorts today.

Just a dude.

Reno Nevada area - High 68 today. Average is 45.  Tahoe was around 60 today.

I'll run in shorts and a tshirt tonight at like 6:30 pm.  It will still be around 50 I bet.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

No Talent Drips

I just ran 5 miles outside in shorts and a t-shirt on Jan 5.  Probably could have gone without sleeves too, although the sun was setting towards the end of the run, cooling it off a bit.

Sun was setting around 6pm??? What? Milder temps here in Downeast Maine (high of 33 today), but the sun is still setting at 3:40 or so. Terrible.

Dei Gratia

37F just east of NYC, but running in the midday sunshine made for a nice 10 mile LT run - shorts, long sleeves with hat and gloves during the non-LT miles.

We're expecting 50+ on Saturday.

flatland mountaineer

mid 60's in Nebraska, ave norm hi for the date 33.

Didn't even run, too many work projects taking advantage of the warm temps.....

MTA high of 73, not a good thing will put added stress on already dry winter wheat.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

45 or so NE of Seattle,  usual cloudiness, humidity & a touch of rain here & there.  abit warmer & less rain than normal.  I think but not sure but may even have seen the sun at one time today briefly.  sometimes need to be reminded of what it looks like

65 here in Sacramento.  No rain in December and none in the forecast the next week.  Loving it.  We got enough rain last year so I'm fine with no rain this year.  We can worry about a drought in two years.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think we hit ~41, today.  That's about 10-15 degrees warmer than normal for this time of the year...but even rarer is the sun we've been seeing!  Western MI is notorious for having heavy cloud-cover from about Nov-Mar.  We've frequently gone for weeks without seeing much (if any) sun during the Winter months around here (like Seattle, but without the awesome coffee).  I had a doctor years ago from FL who worked in MI for a few years.  They ended up moving away because she couldn't tolerate the clouds--she didn't even mind the cold and snow, just the gray.  I sure have a lot more mojo when it's sunny, even if it's not warm.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

45 in northern VA - it hit 15 with windchill the other day but it's supposed to get close to 60 this weekend.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

Future Goals: 5:30 mile • 19:30 5k • 33:30 8k • 42:00 10k • 1:15:00 10-mile • 1:40:00 half-marathon • 1000 miles

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Just over 80 today in Anaheim Hills. Although it felt much cooler running through the Canyon late this afternoon.

Currently in South Florida. 55F right now. 

Tomorrow will be in Boston. High 43/low 32. 

Sunday headed to Montreal. It will be.... a lot colder. 

Can I just stay in Florida? I went jet skiing on New Years Eve. 

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

It hit 42 degrees today, and it felt incredible.  The wind chill has been single-digit a few times this week with temperatures in the teens, so it was fantastic.

Northwest of Columbus, Ohio!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                              Emil Zatopek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can I just stay in Florida? I went jet skiing on New Years Eve. 

Hey, there's no ice on Lake MI...you could jetski here!  You'd need a drysuit, but it could be done! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay