The North Face Endurance Challenge - Bellingham, WA (Read 522 times)

The North Face Endurance Challenge -- Bellingham, WA May 10 One hour from Vancouver, BC , two hours from Seattle In 2008 , The North Face Endurance Challenge once again welcomes all runners who wish to push their personal limits. Whether you are an aspiring 10K trail runner or an elite ultramarathoner looking to boost your performance to the next level , The North Face Endurance Challenge invites you to explore your potential. Run farther than you ever have. If you've run a 5K , try a 10K. If you've completed a marathon , attempt your first 50K ultramarathon. The North Face Endurance Challenge offers options for runners of all levels. Each event offers four distances: 10K , Half Marathon , 50K , and 50-Mile. Starting times are staggered so that most runners complete their races around the same time. The Bellingham course meanders its way amongst rock-climbing areas and bat caves, punctuated by breathtaking views of Mount Baker and the North Cascades to the east. The views of the San Juan Islands to the west, Canadian Rockies to the north, plus the vast Skagit Valley to the south add to the beauty of the course. Elevations bounce between 200 and 2,500 feet, but do not include any huge, sustained climbs. Traverses of broken ridgeline require nimble feet while highly technical sections demand mountain goat skills, with two roped sections to aid in a climb. Overall, the Bellingham courses should be an impressive trail-running test that delivers a balance of fire roads, single track, and double track. Bear Mountain , NY- April 12 Seattle-Bellingham , WA - May 10 Washington , DC - September 6 Madison , WI - October 18 San Francisco , CA - December 6 Register and Details: www.thenorthface.com/endurancechallenge See you there! AMY

Sandi Sue

My husband, daughter and I are registered for this trail run in the 10K. The website still hasn't listed the actual race location. After reading your description of the run, I'm getting a little concerned about whether my daughter should run it. She's not normally a trail runner but I thought she may be able to handle it. Now I'm not so sure. Where exactly is the run located and what can you tell me about the 10K route? P.S., My daughter isn't a child, she's 28, just not an accomplished trail runner.

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

Hi. All updates to the course and website should be up by the end of the month. Your daughter should be fine, and she will have a great time! Last year, people who had never run a race before ran the 10K and the half, and had a wonderful time. Check back to the website at the end of the week and hopefully more info will be up. See you there!