Highest Mileage Week Ever...and while under-the-weather! (Read 1134 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cool logo...and happy racing. We are about two months from the start of race season. It's still in the 90s during the days. I will be sure to hoist a cold one in your honor next weekend.

90s...*faints*  Yeah, this is why your race season is opposite ours. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WTG  Zoomy! I just logged my biggest ever week too, 84 miles! Caused me to bonk my LR today,but hey, there will be others!

84...It would take me...uh...like 16 hours to run that far.  I need longer weeks! Wink  NICE job! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jfa

Thanks! It took me quite a while too.

12-week layoff

We have above the 80s pretty much from February to November. Haloween is usually hot and muggy. However, I'm goinG to have to suck it up and start doing my long runs outside...last year, I only did a 9 and 11 outside before my HM, and the race was painful! Between the heat and arranging child care, the treadmill is just easier...until mile 9 of a race, and every muscle in your lower body feels like it's going throuh a meat grinder with every step. Last year, I only had 4 miles left after the pain started. I can't imagine finishing with 17 left!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Last year, I only had 4 miles left after the pain started. I can't imagine finishing with 17 left!

I felt way too good and went out way too fast for my 2nd marathon...and suspected I was in trouble by mile 10.  By the halfway mark I had a sinking feeling and was starting to hurt.  By mile 15 I knew I was in for a rough 11 miles.  Yep...spent the last 10 run/walking.  That blew.  I still PRd, but barely.  Had I gone out slower I could have maintained my pace more comfortably with running and less walking...and probably less cramping (or at least cramping later in the race).

~ Sarah Kay

RunsForCake

WTG Zoom-Zoom!

With all your training you are going to rock your next marathon!