RA Logo contest (Read 6946 times)

Just wondering if the winner should have the .com suffix so people unfamiliar will know right away it's a website.
    That's a good point.

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Just wondering if the winner should have the .com suffix so people unfamiliar will know right away it's a website.
      I concur. MTA: And by the associative property, it appears I agree with Dragon. Oh well, sometimes you just have to take one for the team. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I concur. MTA: And by the associative property, it appears I agree with Dragon. Oh well, sometimes you just have to take one for the team. Tongue
        Screw you, Trebek. Oh, and your fancy math talk offends me.

Amy

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Screw you, Trebek. Oh, and your fancy math talk offends me.
          I think it's sexy! Blush
            To check, I typed in runningahead with out the .com and pushed enter. The site comes up without the addition of .com, as well do others. Internet use has changed a lot. I remember adding www. back in the day, and getting frustrated hearing someone pass a url along giving www.blahblah.com when www. was no longer needed. And I checked a site that's .org and it didn't go straight to the site, but google page was up with the site at the top of the search, jus' saying.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Flat footer

may be we should put http://www. at the beginning of it Smile JK
                top one. mta: i dunno what happened. but, the top one from big richard's selection (scroll back one page.) may concede to a .com, but NOT www. There were other good ones, but it's shit or get off the pot time.
                Hannibal Granite

but it's shit or get off the pot time.
                  No, it's not. When Eric decides he has found an appropriate, functional new logo he'll pick it and not until then. If he wants to let the contest go on for another 2 years that's fine, it is his site and will ultimately be his logo. He said in the very first post that there would be no set deadline, so why are so many people trying to pressure him to make choice.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

Big Richard, You're keen on this contest, aren't you? Alright, let's wrap it up. There's one that I really like but let's take a vote. Which logo do you like? eric :-)
                    In response to Hannibal Granite: This, posted by Eric on the 4th, is what prompted me to write the post two above.
                    Hannibal Granite

In response to Hannibal Granite: This, posted by Eric on the 4th, is what prompted me to write the post two above.
                      I must've overlooked that post by Eric, but there were several other posts that were asking for a decision prior to the 4th and IMO telling the guy who runs the site we all like so much to 'shit or get off the pot' is a little disrespectful.

Eternal Rookie

Reread Eric’s comments on page 6 it might give you some insight as to what he’s looking for. As for designs posted after that, I still like March’s RA on page 7 as a logo.
                          I must've overlooked that post by Eric, but there were several other posts that were asking for a decision prior to the 4th and IMO telling the guy who runs the site we all like so much to 'shit or get off the pot' is a little disrespectful.
                          I wasn't telling Eric to act, rather, he said let's put it to a vote. I was saying: there are good ones, but I made my choice and I was trying to encourage the voting. Meant no disrespect.
                          Hannibal Granite

Since we're voting this is the one I like the best. It is simple clean design there is no little runner dude (or dudettes) and I like the allusion to Rx in the RA Symbol. The only thing I would change is I do think the ".com" should be added to the spelled out RunningAhead

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Ditto that (except for the 2nd all black one)! Bill MTA: I especially like the third one...
                              Ditto

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

March

Thanks to all those that like my logo. Here is a brief write up about the logo. SEE PAGE 8 All of the Running Ahead logos are the same. The first is a full colour representation, the second is a black logo (essentially, one colour for faxes or black and white ads, etc.). The third is a full colour but on a reverse colour application. Fourth is to incorporate the URL into the logo (used on ads and T-shirt where you would want to direct people to the site. But on the site there is no need to have the URL version because you are already there.) And the last is a vertical application. Sometimes the running ahead logo could be placed next to a competitors logo that is stacked or restricted to a width, therefore, the height of the logo will suffer. So I recommend a vertical application. (only for rare situations). If there are any changes or suggestions from some of the administrators, I will be more than happy to execute. Also, the colours are not final. I can change the colour scheme to whatever you desire. Also, I can FTP all the required file formats you will need for print, web, etc. Let me know. Marcello