Going to the Corporate Challenge Championship! (Read 739 times)

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

I just found out that my coworkers and I placed 5th out of 200 teams in the Boston JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge. That qualifies us for the championship race in NYC in October! I ran an 18:05 on the 3.07 mile course. The team average for the four of us was 18:25. The championship sounds cool:
    There’s no other road race in the world like the JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge Championship. An intimate group of several hundred runners – representing the most physically and fiscally fit companies from Australia, Germany, Singapore, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States – race 3.5 miles in a Park Avenue setting that defines the vibrancy of New York City and rewards the participants for their competitive spirit.
    I've never qualified for anything before, so I'm pretty exited. This will definitely inspire some solid training in the months ahead.
    Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Congrats! That's awesome. Is this anything like the "Corporate Olympics" in the movie Mr. Mom?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Wow! Congrats and that sounds like an awesome race - hope there will be pictures to share come October Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

That's great Ed, congrats! Don't forget to pack your RunningAHEAD shirt and leave your Sox hat at home.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

C-R

Congrats! That's awesome. Is this anything like the "Corporate Olympics" in the movie Mr. Mom?
            18:05 in scuba flippers is freakish! Congrats and have fun in NYC.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

That's great Ed, congrats! Don't forget to pack your RunningAHEAD shirt and leave your Sox hat at home.
              Well we'll be racing in our spiffy team shirts. But I will definitely leave the Sox hat at home. Though maybe a hostile crowd would make me run faster...
              Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.