Cool Running import status (Read 2255 times)

eric :)

Ok. It's past my bed time so I might be somewhat incoherent. I imported some 60+ logs tonight. I had to skip several logs because the importer barfed and I have no idea why. I still have a couple of hundred logs to process, which I imagine will take two or three more nights, assuming none will come in during this time, which is highly unlikely. In the mean time, you can use your log, the importer should not affect your new data, although you might need to merge the new shoes that you created. Anyway, my brain is fried and I need to take a power nap. eric Smile
    Leendert_Old

Hi Eric, Thanks for your efforts so far. I guess this is an opportunity to improve your import script Wink I'm not sure how your system works or what scripting languages you use, but if you need any help identifying the problems for those imports, I'm willing to take a look at the problematic data files and your import script. If you want to keep these things closed - that is fine too. I have sent you an email with my log data to be imported - if you could use some help with the problem cases, you can contact me by replying to that email (search for Leendert in your inbox - it should be pretty unique).
      Doug Little

You are the MAN! I think we can wait a few hrs/days longer for our info. Doug ...and a bunch of other folks!!!

Eat, Play, Run

Thank you so much, Eric! Smile Thanks also for the update. What a lot of work for you!
            Hey Eric. I've been giving some glowing reviews of the RunningAHEAD log over on Runner's World and Letsrun.com, telling them how quickly you imported my log. Hope you don't mind the extra work!!! Big grin It seems like most people are either coming here or to running2win.com (I had problems logging in after registering there, not good!), with a few going to Runner's World as well, although they don't offer an import like you do here.
            eric :)

Hey Eric. I've been giving some glowing reviews of the RunningAHEAD log over on Runner's World and Letsrun.com, telling them how quickly you imported my log. Hope you don't mind the extra work!!! Big grin It seems like most people are either coming here or to running2win.com (I had problems logging in after registering there, not good!), with a few going to Runner's World as well, although they don't offer an import like you do here.
              Of course I don't mind. Thanks for plugging my site. I think many people on RW know about my log because that's what they're using on RW. I'm working toward automating the entire import process, to the point where anyone can do it themselves. Wouldn't that be nice?
                Hey Eric! Thanks for getting my import done. Good decision to just leave the cleaning up for the users. The way I labeled some of my shoes and stuff, I don't think you'd have ever figured it out. I tried running2win.com also, but I like the format here better. In addition this site seems pretty popular with the Nashville crowd, as both Jeff and Trent who seem to be regulars are Nashvillians.
                "Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos." - Don Kardong, 1976 U.S. Olympic Marathoner

dork.major dork.

Especially for you, friend. Especially for you.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Eric, you are THE MAN! Thank you so much for doing this. The reviews at letsrun.com were right - its a great log you have here. Its simple enough for me but has some nice features. Its nice to be back online again. Keep up the great work!
                    wilkituba

Mine's good!! Thanks for a new home Big grin
                      sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Eric, I sent you an e-mail a yesterday about importing a non-cool running log into your log. I know you are super busy with all of the refuguees. I think I can use your importer if I can get my file in a format it can use. I have it in excel and I can get it in a delimited file if I have something to map to. Would it be possible to get a sample file of something you have mapped and ran through your importer? If its easier for me to just give you my file let me know how to get it to you. Thanks SG
                        If you're bored ask why you're boring
                        Leendert_Old

sherpagirl, the fields for the Cool Running log import are tab separated. You can view my uploaded file here: http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~berg/Leendert.tsv
                          sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

Great thanks !! Did you import this log using the tool provided?
                            If you're bored ask why you're boring

running yogi

Hi Eric, I am a coolrunning "refugee"( : ( I don't really like that word). Is there anyway to get the logs from coolrunning, if I already already imported them in Active. I don't see any option in Active to save the logs Thanks, Zeba
                                I'm in no rush, it's still better than being over "THERE" at the other place.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"