What's wrong with my ankle (photo included)? (Read 279 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

So I started my normal run Friday morning and instantly knew something was wrong with my ankle.  It was fine when I went to bed, so evidently my dreams got a little wild.  Anyway, it felt really stiff; not particularly painful, but like it didn't want to move.  I ran anyway, hoping it would loosen up, and again, it wasn't really painful, but didn't want to move.  Saturday morning, it was back to normal and felt fine for the 7.5 mile run.  This morning, it's back again.  Ran anyway, it felt stiff for about ten miles, then fairly normal for the last two.  It feels okay as I walk about the house.

See red spot under the ankle bone:

Foot

Knowing the Internet is the font of all medical wisdom, I come to you.

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

I found a bloodletting chart online. If you put some leeches on spot #47 as shown in the attached diagram, you'll probably get better right away. Or else you could try icing it first to see if that helps.

#artbydmcbride

Conjunctivitis of the ankle?

Runners run

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

In all seriousness though, be careful running on it. I did some pretty major damage to my knee while trying to run through an ankle injury. Get well soon.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hmm, all things to ponder.

dennrunner

I think you probably tripped over a bumper sticker while running barefoot.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think you probably tripped over a bumper sticker while running barefoot.

I think you're saying RA is to blame, right?

Joann Y

Looks swollen. Or is that just the picture? Does it feel warmer than the other ankle? I would look at it and compare it to your other ankle. If it is warm and swollen compared to the opposite ankle and you are having that kind of stiffness you may have tendinitis or something more serious. I wouldn't run on it as that will only make things worse and make recovery longer. Keep off it for 3-4 days, see what it looks like and feels like. If it is getting better or worse. Worse....see a doctor/physical therapist type person. Better.....then tentatively and slowly start back up again. I think elevation and ice can also be your friend.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yesterday, not noticeably swollen, just pink and tender.  Today, less color, but broader, slightly swollen area.

I think I'll name it PinkAnkle or maybe SwampAnkle.  I'll let you know after the bloodletting.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

#artbydmcbride

Yesterday, not noticeably swollen, just pink and tender.  Today, less color, but broader, slightly swollen area.

I think I'll name it PinkAnkle or maybe SwampAnkle.  I'll let you know after the bloodletting.

Oooh, with leeches?  Shy

Runners run

xhristopher

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Oooh, with leeches?  Shy

I'll tell you, I'm not doing points 41 or 42!

Tiefsa

Rambo would approve of the use of leeches.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This is why we go to the internet for medical advice.