Lost my Mother (Read 885 times)

Man in Tights

I lost my beautiful mother last Friday. She died of a cardiac arrest in hospital even as I held her hand. She was my hero and my inspiration - I drew on her courage and positive attitude towards life which helped me finish my tougher races.

I dedicated my first Marathon in 2007 to her ( she was recovering from an illness at that time) and finished in a decent time.

Just last month I completed the Delhi Half marathon in 1:41 despite busting my foot half halfway through the race. I thought of how hard she was fighting a bad heart and that kept me going.

RIP Mom.

tomatolover

So sorry for your loss, Narsi

Maggie & Molly

I am so sorry. 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Turbolegs

May her soul rest in peace.

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Imminent Catastrophe

Sorry for your loss Narsi. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

My condolences to you and your family during this difficult time. 

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Feeling the growl again

I'm sorry, and I hope you can cherish all the good memories of her in this difficult time.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Cool Jump Suit

So sorry to hear this.  My sympathy.

So bittersweet,
                  This tragedy
                  Won't ask for absolution;
                  This melody,
                  Inside of me,
                  Still searches for solution.
                  A twist of faith,
                  A change of heart
                  Cures my infatuation.
                  A broken heart, 
                  Provides the spark
                  For my determination.

KMB

Sorry for you pain and sadness, Narsi.

#artbydmcbride

{{{Narsi}}}  May her love always surround you.     My mom passed away this year also. 

Runners run

oh no I'm so so sorry Sad

May your mother's courage and positive attitude towards life continue to help you during a very difficult time.  It's a most wonderful gift she has given you, one that will always be with you.

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

May your mother's courage and positive attitude towards life continue to help you during a very difficult time.  It's a most wonderful gift she has given you, one that will always be with you.

+1 I can't say it better

bob e v
                            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Queen of 3rd Place

My condolences, Narsi. 

Ex runner

Along for the Ride

So sorry for your loss Narsi.

She will always be with you in memory. And she has done the greatest thing a mother can do - raised a loving son and was a role model for him and shaped his thinking and life in a positive way. Your mother sounds like an amazing woman!

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.