Strange Mood...brings forth odd post...suppose you are kidnapped by an oddly benevolent god and placed... (Read 791 times)

...on an island that you can never leave for the rest of your life...she allows you to bring one item each from a list of categories...but, choose wisely, while you will be allowed a lifetime supply...once chosen...they can never be changed... You are allowed the following: One Religious work: One Book: One Alcohol Bevy: One Running Shoe: One Magazine: One Hydration Choice: One Dining Menu: One Coffee: One Music Group: One cologne/perfume: One chair/sofa of any type: One race to run: One person to bring with: One pet to tag along: One computer: One Video Game: One Game: Two Island tools:
    If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
      One Religious work: The Message Bible One Book: anything by Bill Bryson One Alcohol Bevy: Jack Daniels One Running Shoe: Asics GT 2110 One Magazine: Runners World One Hydration Choice: Gatorade One Dining Menu: Ciccio and Tonys One Coffee: Starbucks!!! One Music Group: U2 One cologne/perfume: Claiborne for Men One chair/sofa of any type: Rocking chair One race to run: Marathon One person to bring with: Charlize Theron One pet to tag along: My cat, Eleektra One computer: MAC One Video Game: Mario Party One Game: Chess Two Island tools: Hammer, Shovel
      If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
        One Religious work: KJV Bible One Book: Knowing the Whole Truth by D James Kennedy One Alcohol Bevy: Maredsous 10 (or Sambuca if we're doing liqour) One Running Shoe: 991 One Magazine: Circuit Cellar One Hydration Choice: Cool Water One Dining Menu: Morton's Steakhouse One Coffee: I don't do coffee, but when I do it I like it strong and straight up. One Music Group: Tree63 One cologne/perfume: Modal Musk (a fine blend of Modal's sweat/oil and corn husker's lotion) One chair/sofa of any type: Soft Rocker One race to run: 10k One person to bring with: Best Friend One pet to tag along: Something feline One computer: One that had fast access to the internet One Video Game: Something off the old NES or SNES, okay Bionic Commando One Game: Wizwar Two Island tools: Gun and Knife

Vim

One Religious work: None, all too destructive One Book: Harry Potter One Alcohol Bevy: Cheap lager One Running Shoe: Mizuno One Magazine: Times Sunday One Hydration Choice: Water One Dining Menu: Italian One Coffee: Whatever One Music Group: The Eagles One cologne/perfume: Whatever One chair/sofa of any type: Whatever One race to run: The Olympic Marathon One person to bring with: My lass One pet to tag along: None One computer: Mine One Video Game: WoW One Game: Whatever Two Island tools: Bucket and Spade
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

One Religious work: meh...whatever. Raised Baptist, now pretty much non-religious One Book: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare. The Bard rocks! One Alcohol Bevy: Bell's Oberon Beer. One Running Shoe: Eh...a few weeks ago I would have said NB 767, but now I'm not so sure... One Magazine: Car & Driver...LOL! One Hydration Choice: Diluted grape juice One Dining Menu: Beltline Bar One Coffee: Beaner's Hazelnut One Music Group: Domestic Problems One cologne/perfume: The Body Shop White Musk One chair/sofa of any type: Herman Miller Eames lounger (hubby works for the company and there are a few in the family) One race to run: Las Vegas Marathon...because I've never been to LV, but want to go.... One person to bring with: Eryn (sorry, Derek, but she's more entertaining Wink ) One pet to tag along: Thor One computer: Mac, OS X One Video Game: The Sims One Game: Balderdash Two Island tools: Lighter and Leatherman

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yeh, Kirsten for Macs and OSX!!! Me too!!! Plus, I hear you about the religion thing. I am a preacher's kid and was raised having to go to church all of the time with a list of do's and dont's and protestant guilt. But, I realized as I am sure you have that all of that "stuff" was man's imperfect way of trying to reach a perfect God. Most religions are a mess because they have imperfect people in them. But, God...God rocks! I attend a non demoninational group that meets in a bar on Sunday nights now....and it is awesome. (No, no drinking during our time together there.) But, the band is awesome, there is a lot of art and other creativity, and the group is real chill. So, yeah....boo on religion...but, props to the Creator!
                One Religious work: Bible (always wanted to read it) One Book: (set okay?) Complete Calvin & Hobbes (no need to get serious here, that's what the bible will be for!) One Alcohol Bevy: Miller Lite. One Running Shoe: NB 767 One Magazine: Runners World One Hydration Choice: Gatorade One Dining Menu: Bravo Pizza One Coffee: Wa-Wa Capp. One Music Group: Billy Joel One cologne/perfume: Mary Kate (yeah, it's from CVS) One chair/sofa of any type: ?? A soft sofa! (don't care about brand) One race to run: Anything in Hawaii (HM and under that is) One person to bring with: Scott (husband) One pet to tag along: A puppy (don't have one, have to get...a Rhodesian Ridgeback) One computer: ?? A working one! (sorry not a computer tech. person) One Video Game: Sypro the Dragon One Game: Scrabble Two Island tools: Saw & bucket

Michelle

Why are we still awake? ;-)
                    Why are we still awake? ;-)
                    I was asleep...back pain woke me up! Getting old is annoying.

Michelle

Amen
                        One Religious work: Bible - study edition One Book: "Dear and Glorious Physician" Taylor Caldwell One Alcohol Bevy: White Zinfendel One Running Shoe: Brooks - Trance One Magazine: The Cross Stitcher One Hydration Choice: water One Dining Menu: Glacier Brewhouse One Coffee: Kaladi Bros One Music Group: Nickelback One cologne/perfume:White Linen One chair/sofa of any type: leather sofa - not too soft One race to run: Hawaii Ironman ( oddly benevolent god is also providing the skills to complete the course Wink ) One person to bring with: DH One pet to tag along: wish I had a golden lab One computer: any working laptop with internet! One Video Game: Super Metroid One Game: Scrabble Two Island tools: bucket, axe

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

still awake?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group

yep
                              so - why are you still awake - it's only 12:30 for me - not sick? Mississippi - hope your back is better tomorrow Smile

Go With The Flow
                              Thyroid Support Group

Dog-Love

One Religious work: Darwin's "origin of the species" One Book: "Stranger in a strange land"...I have been meaning to reread that One Alcohol Bevy: when on islands...marguarita One Running Shoe: Love my ASICS One Magazine: SCIENCE (its a weekly thing) should keep me busy One Hydration Choice: water One Dining Menu: Vietnamese spring rolls One Coffee: only one? DANG. I'll go with our local Raven's brew One Music Group: Springsteen One cologne/perfume: I love coconut tanning oil. One chair/sofa of any type: one I can sleep in One race to run: One where I feel REALLY good all the way through with a great push at the end. How about this upcoming marathon in Susanville (Bizz Johnson) One person to bring with: my dh should be home taking care of the kids so I will say my friend JJ...she's great One pet to tag along: well Rusty my dog, duh! One computer:NONE One Video Game:NONE One Game: Since I can't play pictionary alone with JJ so it's cribbage Two Island tools: My leatherman and a fishing pole
                                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)