When Gore-Tex shoes are worthless... (Read 734 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When there is rampant flooding and puddles are well over the top of one's shoe. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

When there is rampant flooding and puddles are well over the top of one's shoe. Tongue
      true, but in most wet situations, they've kept me dry and comfy when other shoes would have left me miserable.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Definitely. I have been VERY impressed with the performance of that material, otherwise. I wish companies would make road shoes with the choice of Gore-Tex uppers. I'd love to have a regular road shoe that I could wear in slop. My trail shoes are bit clunky for longer road runs, but the uppers are so nice this time of the year.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You could get some waterproof socks.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You could get some waterproof socks.
            Meh...Smartwool are already expensive enough. If I lived somewhere that got monsoons I might consider it.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You could get some gaiters, which would cover the opening of the shoe and your lower leg.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You could get some gaiters, which would cover the opening of the shoe and your lower leg.
                Do those work in puddles or only with snow?

~ Sarah Kay

Do those work in puddles or only with snow?
                  Trail runners use gators for river crossings etc Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Flat footer

What are these Gore-Tex shoes you speak of?