Skipping ahead 2 weeks on 18-week program? (Read 649 times)

Hi All, I am currently training for a May 4th marathon (NJ). After some thinking, I’ve decided that I just wouldn't enjoy or feel comfortable running a race during the time I am usually in church. Therefore, I’m thinking of running the Jersey Shore Marathon, which is two weeks earlier. Instead of running 4,7,4, 11 this week, I would be jumping to 5,8,5, 18. This is a step-back week and last Saturday I ran 15 miles Anyone have thoughts on the advisability/feasibility of doing this?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

My thinking is that different people visit different forums. I'm sorry for the distress I have caused you.

My thinking is that different people visit different forums. I'm sorry for the distress I have caused you.
          It's cool, just try and have some patience. If you still don't get the replies you are looking for, maybe try a more specific user group.
            Will do.

easytarget

considering the issue, i find impossible to resist suggesting you consult with a higher authority for guidance
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anyone have thoughts on the advisability/feasibility of doing this?
                It depends. How many miles have you run in your life? More importantly, do you like monkeys?