mp3 player for Macs (Read 560 times)

I have to share this because I searched long and hard to find what I was looking for...an mp3 player that would be Mac compatible that wasn't an Ipod. I wanted something for running that was lighter and cheaper than an ipod...I'm too clumsy to spend a few hundred dollars on something I'll be dragging through the weather and miles and sweat. This would have been easy if I had a PC. I finally ended up with an Insignia 2G sport and I LOVE it. My Mac sees it as a USB storage device and I can drag and drop my music, and for $90 I'm not overly scared of hurting it. I found it somewhat frustrating to research this topic and I figured I'm probably not the only one so hopefully this info can help someone!
    Heroes never die. They just reload.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dave

It not widely known that Itunes for the Mac is compatible with pretty much any MP3 player that the OS sees as a disk drive. It won't play AAC files but it will play and load MP3 files. Sort of defeats the purpose if you use Itunes to buy music though. Itunes for Windows only works with Ipods. Imagine that.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh I see. In my excitement I was not complete. Yikes...did my post sound that stupid? Hmmm...ok maybe it did a little. Blush Anyway, I didn't like the shuffle either because I wanted a display of my music library rather than only having songs play at random. My problem was finding one that the OS would actually recognize, because it doesnt see all of them.
          Heroes never die. They just reload.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I didn't like the shuffle either because I wanted a display of my music library rather than only having songs play at random
            In which case, you chose wisely Big grin
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Oh I see. In my excitement I was not complete. Yikes...did my post sound that stupid? Hmmm...ok maybe it did a little. Blush Anyway, I didn't like the shuffle either because I wanted a display of my music library rather than only having songs play at random. My problem was finding one that the OS would actually recognize, because it doesnt see all of them.
              Why not a nano?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.