Dogs; what to do? (Read 1448 times)

JakeKnight

I slowed to a walk, used a calm voice saying, "You don't need to see my ankles. These aren't the calves you're looking for." Angry
    Great Star Wars reference ...!

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JN, I live near you. I'm curious to know where this is...
      JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I am NOT excited to go out on my run after reading this post. Yuck! Scary! Sad Jilly
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
        JakeKnight

JN, I live near you. I'm curious to know where this is...
          Never mind. It's not Franklin (city of), it's Franklin County. Still long run distance, I suppose, if you're Ultrawalker or JLynnBob. I'd probably drive. Try a mapquest to: 2982 Knights Church Rd Decherd, TN 37324-4227. Down I-24, near Lynchburg. And just in case you're not scared enough (or looking forward to leaving Tennessee enough, for those who live here), here you go. Warning: the story is pretty graphic, and it has pictures. But it's a reminder of who the likely real victims will be, if you decide not to report: http://www.wsmv.com/news/11129450/detail.html?subid=10106691 (Link should be fixed) I'm gonna go run past Cujo now. I'll say hi for you.

Scout7

Heh. This reminds me of when I worked for the cable company. We did a lot of door-to-door stuff, but also pre-scheduled installations. Anyway, my supervisor, who I was friends with, was at a scheduled appointment. He's walking up to the door when this big dog comes tearing around the corner. He yelled at it, but it wasn't stopping for nothin'. My friend drops into a slight crouch, and when the dog gets close enough, he hits it right in the nose with the knife edge of his hand. Dog fell backwards, and scampered away pretty quick. Of course, by this time, the owner had come out and was all pissed that he had hit the dog. Needless to say, that was a house that didn't get cable installed for a while. Of course, I don't know if this is worse than the time I had a shotgun pointed at me...But hey, story for another day.
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Never mind. It's not Franklin (city of), it's Franklin County. Still long run distance, I suppose, if you're Ultrawalker or JLynnBob. I'd probably drive. Try a mapquest to: 2982 Knights Church Rd Decherd, TN 37324-4227. Down I-24, near Lynchburg.
              I'm heading up to Tullahoma for a birthday party tomorrow. I'll be sure not to stop...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

2982 Knights Church Rd Decherd, TN 37324
                I meant Cujo. That address is nowhere near you. Plus, your link is messed up. It has an errant < br="" /> in it.
                JakeKnight

I meant Cujo. That address is nowhere near you. Plus, your link is messed up. It has an errant < br="" /> in it.
                  Cut and paste you lazy bastidge. Here: http://www.wsmv.com/news/11129450/detail.html?subid=10106691

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I did cut and paste AND I took the effort to inform you. Isn't that like the opposite of lazy? Notice that I did not contest the label "bastidage" Wink But where is cujo? I wanna visit? Or should I just head over to Devon Park and it will be unmistakable?
                    JakeKnight

I did cut and paste AND I took the effort to inform you. Isn't that like the opposite of lazy? Notice that I did not contest the label "bastidage" Wink But where is cujo? I wanna visit? Or should I just head over to Devon Park and it will be unmistakable?
                      You're my hero. Here, just for you, a map from my place to Cujo's front door. Cujo's lives in the little circle. As you can see, when I run to say Percy Warner by heading up Harpeth Bend, I run past his backyard. So I'll be waving at him in a few minutes. Poor things probably stuck in his kennel as I type. He only gets angry if you approach his front yard. I think. I keep trying to lure him out into traffic on Harpeth Bend, but he won't do it. Clever monster. If you visit, don't be fooled. Sure, he's some sort of Bassett/beagle/hound mix. I used to think he was harmless. Don't get too close. If you do, bring a lawyer. And some Scooby-snacks. http://runningahead.com/maps/7db33b7daa364199860cdda493b85be0

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Of course, I don't know if this is worse than the time I had a shotgun pointed at me...But hey, story for another day.
                        That's what you get for messin' with a redneck's daughter... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Percy Warner by heading up Harpeth Bend
                          The grass in the Vaughn Creek cross country field is soft again after this week's rain. F inally!
                            Yea, Running is the last thing I want to do When they come at me I stand my ground. The thing I notice is that if there is one dog I am left alone but if there are two they come after me. Not real comfortable looking at two dogs wondering which one is going to make the move. I clobbered that one three times as it jumped at me. I called Animal Control, but they didn't come out. I am going to call them again and ask why, probably because I didn't get bit. The thing is these animals have been out a number of times and have made moves agaist my daughter too, and animal control has been called a number of times. I think I'll call the police too and see what they say when I tell them if they make a move against me again I'll kill them. ( The dogs that is.)
                            Age is not an illusion
                              Well I talked with Animal Control, but there is nothing they can do unless the animals maul me, as I got the best of them and they were not able to bite me, then they are out. As the owner retrieved them before animal control arrived, there is nothing they can do about the animals being loose. Talked with the police and it is the same story, but they said if the anmials attack me again, then kill them in the process, if I can. Other than that it is a civil case, and I can go that route So unless they hurt me then there is nothing they can do.
                              Age is not an illusion
                              JakeKnight

Well I talked with Animal Control .. So unless they hurt me then there is nothing they can do.
                                Well, you did what you could. At least there's now some official record if somebody gets hurt. And if you do have to defend yourself, you'll now have proof that it wasn't the first time. None of which is going to make you (or some other victim) feel much better, unfortunately. I can't believe the cops wouldn't at least send a squad car out to talk to the dummies. Typical bureaucracy: why prevent an injury, when you can just wait until it happens and then get involved? Roll eyes ----------------------------- Ironically enough, I was just attacked myself an hour ago. In a very nice neighborhood. I hear growling and yapping and look over my shoulder and here he comes. In a rage. I learned later his name is Max - but I'm calling him "Mad Marauding Max the Muncher." Sounds scarier. So here comes Max. I ignore my own advice and keep running, since he lives in a massive yard and he's a good 100 yards away. But he runs right out in the street and tears into me. So once again, I have to stop and wait for his owner. Who just happens to be roughly 138 years old, and so slow that Trent could beat her in a mid-distance race. Mad Max is chewing on me for a good two minutes by the time the nice little old lady shows up. I would have tried the knee in the chest thing, but uh, I don't think it would have worked. Here's what Mad Munching Max looked like: Yeah. But he was a killer. All three pounds of him. I'm considering suing for damages, too. Anybody know what those plastic things on the end of your shoelaces are worth? Cuz Max swallowed one of mine.