Who's fighting the dang Pace Bunny in 2013? (Read 347 times)

So, we have 20.5 days to go.

Who's fighting the Pace Bunny?

Who's still worried about hitting their goals?

I set out 3 pace bunny goals in 2013.

I've hit 1 of them (running).

I've given up on 1 of them. (biking)

I'm fighting 1 of them.  (swimming)  I think it'll be New Year's Eve when I finish Pace Bunny goal #2.

Others?

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

I'm on track to hit my pace bunny goal.  163.4 miles to go.  If I do all my planned runs, I will hit it and then some.

The winter weather is not making it easy, nor are extra meetings after work and plans for holiday travel.  The run streak and the training plan help tremendously.

That's my only pace bunny goal, though.  I beat one of my racing goals significantly (sub-90 half; ran a 1:24:27), failed one (sub-19 5K), and didn't attempt another (sub-40 10K).  I'm calling the sub-40 10K a win in my head anyway, since the last 10K of my half was faster than it. There's no way I'll be racing a 5K or 10K before December ends, so I'll end with just the one goal actually hit.  Oh well.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
      Emil Zatopek

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I surrendered to the pace bunny this year (1500 miles).  To be fair, I started the year with a goal of 1000 miles, but upped it when it became apparent that 1000 miles was going to happen easily.  I edited my pace bunny goal this week to be 1250 miles, which is attainable this year.

Even though I didn't hit 1500 I'm still happy with my year.  2012 was 850ish miles, an extra (almost) 50% more is acceptable.

**Ask me about streaking**

runlikeagirI

I'm not going to make mine, I'd have to average 14 miles a day for the rest of the year to do it.  I had hoped to hit 2000 miles this year, but several weeks of recovery from 2 marathons plus a leg/knee thing (never did officially find out what it was) that went on for several weeks during late spring/early summer took their toll.  I should still end up with 1825-1850 for the year, which is 400+ more than last year.

Mmmmm...beer

I've been behind most of the year, but I'll catch that damn bunny the last week of the year, just in time. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Walk-Jogger

I set a bunny goal of 2013 miles for the year, and was ahead of schedule up until I ran my marathon in July. I had to take two months off to recover from that, and fell way behind, so I bailed on that goal and reset to a new lower goal of 1750. But I'm still having to limit the amount of miles I can run, and it's not looking good to make 1750 now. So yeah, looks like the dang pace bunny is going to beat me this year.

Retired &  Loving It

Runner100

I passed the little bastard a couple of months ago, but he's been close on my ass ever since. Looks like i will finish just ahead of the bunny, if this holiday streak thing doesn't take me down.

Maggie & Molly

didn't catch the bunny this year.  Still, highest mileage year ever for me so I'm happy and will reset next year to try again!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                  Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I was looking at the very same thing yesterday. :-)

Goal for 2013:  2013 Miles.

Currently:  1703 Miles.

Needed:  300+ miles in the last 20 days of December.

--  I'm thinking that running 15.5 miles a day for 20 days straight is NOT a good idea. :    Or.... I could go for it.  What would that be called, running 15+ a day for 20 consecutive days?

A "back to back to back to back to back to back..."?

A "Double Double Double Double Double...?"

Maybe a "Quintuple Double Double?

Or perhaps:  "Asking for an injury".   I think I will retire the pace bunny for this year.  He is way too far ahead of me.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

npaden

I got way out in front and have just been coasting it in the last few months.  Originally had my goal set at 1,500 miles, but upped it to 2,000 miles about halfway through the year.  Just over 30 miles to go over the next 20 days to hit 2,000.  About 40 miles to keep my 100+ miles per month streak going at 22 months.  Should make both pretty easily.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

I bailed on my 2000 mile pace bunny in mid-October when I was feeling some minor injuries.

Had already hit the "more important" goals of the year so not all that concerned.

Will still be close.... and healthy

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Village people

I had my first major injury and that pace bunny, who was eating my dust a few months ago, is having the last laugh. I hate that bunny!

I spent an hour and a half in the pool over the past 24 hours just to pass that dang swimming rabbit.

I'll need a quick recovery and then try to get another hour in tomorrow so that dang rabbit won't pass me again.

Sorry about the injury DJ.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Village people

I spent an hour and a half in the pool over the past 24 hours just to pass that dang swimming rabbit.

I'll need a quick recovery and then try to get another hour in tomorrow so that dang rabbit won't pass me again.

Sorry about the injury DJ.

Thanks Smile

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I gave up on the pace bunny long ago when I got injured.  No way I'd be able to catch her by the end of the year.