Sturgis, South Dakota (Read 138 times)

Maggie & Molly

It is starting to look like we will actually make it to Sturgis next year for their big biker party, (Aug 4 - 10)  Big grin  while there I would love to throw in a half so I can check another state off my map.  Any suggestions?   Or is it possible that it is just too hot there that time of year so no races available?

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Cntrygal

We still have races when we're "hotter than Death Valley" (the CASA HM last year).    Here's one for the 10th of August...  http://www.bhrctrails.com/mcgovern-hill

Maggie & Molly

thanks!  I will have to tag this so I can figure things out.

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Cntrygal

You're welcome, I hope it works out for you.  Here's the fb page for the runner's club that puts on the trail series (that the HM is part of).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/120990595265/

Maggie & Molly

thanks again!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Smile so glad to 'know' another biker who runs!!  I try to find races along some rides that I take.  HMs are my favorite too.  First time running a HM during a ride was a very 'sore' experience (some 10 yrs ago) because I had to ride back same day, a 2 hr ride normally (on interstate) but it took me almost 4 hrs due to many 'rest stops' to stretch and walk, and took a different route (longer but more scenic which is the point of riding, right?).  It was worth it though, LOL!!  I prefer trail running' and would have loved to run in S.D. but business has me traveling to the SW instead during that time.  DH and I have been to the rally many times over the years (he has family in Rapid). Expect some humidity, and hilly trail but the area is spectacular, with many die-hard trail runners!! I'm jealous already.  Wishing you a safe ride to Sturgis (from MA?? WOW!!), and good luck on the race!!

Maggie & Molly

thanks.  Most likely won't ride there - too much time off from work for that but we are looking into taking a train - it is about 1 1/2 day ride and I thought that would be pretty cool.

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

kjkranz

Enjoy it out there! I lived in the hills for a while and miss it Sad Hoping to move back one day!

RunningOnTheWhiteLine.com

Social Media Coordinator @ SKORA Running