Garmin 310XT (Read 268 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Did the hard reset cause you to lose data in the 310xt that hadn't been uploaded yet?  I am dealing with this situation at the moment, and I've got a week's worth of runs I haven't uploaded yet.

Yes, I believe that the data will be lost.

I had already up loaded everything manually or from Garmin Connect and deleted the watch.  

I generally up load after each run so not much to up load at any one time.

steph  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Did the hard reset cause you to lose data in the 310xt that hadn't been uploaded yet?  I am dealing with this situation at the moment, and I've got a week's worth of runs I haven't uploaded yet.

Sometimes hard reset deletes all data.

MTA: I'm talking about the "non-prompted non-vol clear" that I describe below.

Apparently there are a variety of resets.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

By the way, this is the one that helps the ant agent show the watch again, for me -- see below:

I don't even know if the problem is the ant agent being buggy, or the watch software -- maybe they're both buggy. (Certainly in my experience the garmin support people can't say much helpful - they just have you try resetting & reinstalling everything, in hope something works.)

310xt Non-prompted non-vol clear:
        Power off device
        Press & hold LAP button.
        Press & release POWER button (to turn unit on)
        Press & hold ENTER and MODE (still holding LAP)
        Release LAP and unit will reboot (appears to turn off).
        Wait a couple seconds, then release ENTER and MODE
        Unit will boot up again with a clear non-vol

KEY LOCATIONS
        POWER:  outside left upper
        MODE: outside left lower
        LAP: face lower left
        START: face lower right
        ENTER: outside right lower

A Saucy Wench

OK....I had everything working fine.  Then things fell apart. 

But I got the ANT agent side to say it successfully transferred data, but Running Ahead does not recognize that a GPS device is connected.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

This is a common problem with the Ant Agent and RA is often blamed for it.  I'm thinking that the first website that it uploads to corrupts the Ant Agent data so that subsequent websites can't access the data.  I don't have a 310XT so I can't test that theory.

Soooo....

I had it working fine for the first week once I got it paired.  I never connected to any other website except RA.   I would just upload with the ANT agent and then upload on RA.

Now the ANT agent says the upload is successful, but RA says there is no GPS device connected.

I've tried ejecting and reinserting the ANT and also rebooting the computer.  Nothing. I've also relocated the ANT from a USB3 to a USB2 port and that did nothing either.

Thoughts?

MTA: and now it is working but I dont know why.  Fuckity this is a pain in the ass, what was wrong with a damn cable.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I would like to return my 310xt for my money back. I never (almost never) had problems uploading workouts from my Forerunner 305, which worked fine for five years.  I decided to go with the 310xt instead of the 220 because I figured the 310xt had proven technology and that the 220 was new, unknown technology.  As far as I am concerned this (the ANT+ dongle and software that goes with it) is a complete POS.  If I do return it and get my money back I will purchase a different brand, and it will be a long time before I buy Garmin sports equipment again.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

an amazing likeness

...If I do return it and get my money back I will purchase a different brand, and it will be a long time before I buy Garmin sports equipment again.

You'll likely be surprised by the experience outside the Garmin products....go for the ForeRunner 220.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I like the 310xt watch. It's just too bad that it has such crappy transfer software, and that they apparently don't fix it.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I like the 310xt watch. It's just too bad that it has such crappy transfer software, and that they apparently don't fix it.

+1

Both my husband and I had to re-set our 310xt's yesterday.  WTF?

steph  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My ANT agent has lost the watch, again today (for the zillionth time). But it still transfers data (which proves it is lying).

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

The watch is fine except for data transfer, which I consider a key function.  And that worked fine for the first few months, then when it failed everything went kablooey.  ANT Agent lost the watch a few weeks ago.  I did the reset described earlier in this thread, which lost a bunch of data (I didn't have time to drop everything and troubleshoot this on the first day).  And even after the reset when I went to upload run data Garmin Connect tells me "no devices found."

I regret switching over from the Forerunner 305.  The 310xt is not an upgrade.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I had resisted installing Garmin Express (mainly because I read some comments that it caused more problems than it solved).  Tonight I broke down and installed Garmin Express, and when I clicked on "Get Started," I got a "warning" message that says: "Garmin Ant Agent is blocking access for ANT devices.  Please close Garmin ANT Agent."  BUT IT DOES NOT TELL ME HOW TO CLOSE GARMIN ANT AGENT, AND I CANNOT FIND ANY EVIDENCE ON MY SYSTEM THAT GARMIN ANT AGENT IS ACTUALLY OPEN!!!!  Amazon tells me they will not take the device back (because I had it for a few months before this problem arose.

I HATE GARMIN, AND I AM READY TO THROW MY FORERUNNER 310XT IN THE OCEAN.

bluerun

Super B****

Well, you're all a step ahead of me... I haven't used my 310XT in ages.  I tried today.  It took forever to acquire satellites, so I turned it off and on again.  It froze on the Garmin screen.  Turned it off and on twice, same thing happened.  I gave up and used my 910XT.

I have Garmin Express on one laptop, didn't install it on the other; I HATE EXPRESS!!!!  I have to re-pair the device every time I want to transfer data!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

I had the issue with NO sites being able to "see" the device attached.  I found an article/forum where it pointed to too many stored events.  I "fixed" it by deleting the directory where the files were kept, reconnecting the 310XT, and then it was able to be seen after that.  Something along the lines of "CUndecidedUsers\<user ID>\AppData\Roaming\gamin\Devices\<device ID>\Activites".  I copied the whole "devices" folder to another location to save the activities I just downloaded and then deleted the whole device directory.  Repaired and viola.

The other problem where the ANT device seems to lose the watch pairing is "fixed" by my pulling the dongle out, and then reinserting after about 5-10 seconds.  Soon after, the watch transfers data and all is "well".

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I had the issue with NO sites being able to "see" the device attached.  I found an article/forum where it pointed to too many stored events.  I "fixed" it by deleting the directory where the files were kept, reconnecting the 310XT, and then it was able to be seen after that.  Something along the lines of "CUndecidedUsers\<user ID>\AppData\Roaming\gamin\Devices\<device ID>\Activites".  I copied the whole "devices" folder to another location to save the activities I just downloaded and then deleted the whole device directory.  Repaired and viola.

I've executed this "fix" several times as well, myself. It's very cumbersome, and one certainly wishes they'd fix their software.