Summer Marathon (Read 585 times)

Just Do It

Has anyone run a summer marathon and have any experiences? I would like to run one in July or so. In North America, also, but travel is not that big of a deal. Thanks!
    My NY running blog Never Quit
    jingchunyu

I thought only summer Marathon is Olympics Marathon

Feeling the growl again

Go North, young man! Seriously, find one in Canada or Alaska. Maybe Maine.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The Greatest of All Time

Grandma's Marathon in Duluth MN is a very good race. It's June 21 this year. http://www.grandmasmarathon.com/
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Marathonguide has a decent list of summer marathons. Bet it'll be nice to train for one. You get to train through the spring, missing the harsh winter weather associated with training for a spring marathon and the heat and humidity that comes with training for a fall marathon. Of course race day itself might be a bit of a crap shoot, but most summer marathons are up north.
              Not many out there during the summer months. I would second Grandma's in late June (although the last two years it has been very hot and humid which is uncharacteristic for Duluth). Good luck
                The Missoula marathon was sweet last year, July 15. It was during an unusual heat wave. (I did the half.) The only thing wrong about it (in its inaugural year) was that they screwed up the results and never announced anything when it was over. I bet they'll nail it this year. Cordova Alaska is also mid-July. The person who's trying to get me to run it sounds like she's an undercover agent for the Cordova Chamber of Commerce. Smile
                  We have the Sunburst in South Bend, IN. Its Early June.
                    June 1 - Marathon De la Baie Des Chaleurs http://www.anb.ca/indexRunNB.php?content=viewEvent&id=316&version=english Small race, heard good things. Bilingual area.... how's your french? Most people speak english too though.