First 20 mile week.... (Read 682 times)

....evah!

Yay me!

/happy clap

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory." - Mahatma Gandhi

RunsForCake

Yay you indeedy!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

good job. I've been hitting 18 mi this summer. Have to be careful because last 20 mi week this past spring caused IT Band and hamstring injuries... An old fart like me needs to increase it more gradually. Maintain that base and good luck to ya!

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Great job!!  Congratulations!
            all right, great job!!  keep up with the consistent improvement & slowly building up miles.  will be doing 25 & then 30 mile weeks in few weeks!
              Awesome stuff Smile Keep it up, keep running smart. I just ran my first 20-consecutive days ever, in my entire life, which doesn't seem like much but my body worked with the tune of taking at least one day completely off, and one day easy every week. I was having trouble breaking free of that, even with making it another easy day,but I think I beat it by stretching and recovering smart Smile

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

good job. I've been hitting 18 mi this summer. Have to be careful because last 20 mi week this past spring caused IT Band and hamstring injuries... An old fart like me needs to increase it more gradually. Maintain that base and good luck to ya!

Same thing happened to me last spring! Got cocky after running first 10k a full minute faster than i trained for. Had to cut back for almost 3 months, especially after shin splints added to the IT Band issue! Used Galloway's run/walk approach to heal up and re-build base. Am about to get to 20 mi week again in order to run a half on 11/8. Ran first 15k yesterday w/o problems.

bob e v
                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.