Deleting PMs no work (Read 259 times)

xor

Ahoy!

Dunno if this related to today's DB work because I haven't tried to do this in a couple weeks... but it definitely isn't working today.

I try to delete a PM from my inbox by checking the box and punching the delete button... nothing.  It stays in my inbox and the box gets unchecked.

I also tried stuff in my sent and trash folders.  Same thing.

gracias y mahalo

Just checked mine.  Same thing here (Firefox 17.0.1 on a Mac running 10.7.5).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

eric :)

Already looking into it.

As I wrote in the announcement, this release contains many structural changes, including an attempt to optimize query result caching in the database.  This involved changing the database layer, and one of the changes did not properly handle a non-trivial query statement in the delete PM code.  I have a fix, but since it is in the db layer, I need more testing because the db layer controls every aspect of the site.

Fixed.

A Saucy Wench

Thanks!  This thread embarassed me in to realizing I dont think I have ever deleted any.  A few more bytes of server space cleared for ya.   It was amusing to randomly peek at 3 year old messages on the way

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Thanks!  This thread embarassed me in to realizing I dont think I have ever deleted any.  A few more bytes of server space cleared for ya.   It was amusing to randomly peek at 3 year old messages on the way

No need to delete anything to save space on the server.  It has about 3 TB of available disk space left Wink  Deleting them will help the page(s) load faster, although the savings are on the scale of a fraction of a millisecond.