Running on a treadmill - new trainers req'd. Any suggestions? (Read 374 times)

Hi there, hope someone may be able to give me some advice on this.  Have been running on the treadmill for a couple of years now and found Asics Cumulus Gel great.  After feeling a lot more pain than normal I decided to buy some more - unfortunately the new ones seem to be so tight in the toe box area that I hate them and find it painful to run over 6 km in them.  I have gone back to my old ones and they seem to be okay again but I am conscious of the number of miles they have done.  Any suggestions?  I am currently running about >35 km per week (3 x 10 km treadmill so far this week) For info  I have over the last 6 mths started to run outdoor also and use the inov 8 roclites 268 which I find really comfy and have done up to 17 km in them  I have over the last 6 mths started to run outdoor also and use the inov 8 roclites 268 which I find really comfy and have done up to 17 km in them. Thanks

Feeling the growl again

I can't speak to which shoe, but as for miles, I do run my treadmill-dedicated trainers to higher mileage.  The tread gets far less wear, and IMHO the cushioning lasts longer as the treadmill (mine, at least) absorbs more of the impact.

I run outdoor trainers to 500 miles as a main shoe, then up to 700 miles using them for shorter runs only.  I run treadmill shoes up to 900-1000 miles, or when the inside back of the heel develops a hole, whichever comes first.  I arrived at this personal guideline through trial and error over many years (1000 miles for outdoor trainers NO GOOD).  YMMV.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand