2014 Sub-18 5K (Read 480 times)

Wow, you guys.. I appreciate the background but I think I see a lot of equivocating.

No, I'm not sure I know what you mean about the pot and the kettle.

I am in.

Age 33, and had only run two 5K races.  The first is 19:17 (Dec 2013) and the second is 18:21 (Mar. 2014).  Will try to run another 5K after summer training season.

I am in.

Feel free to join us in CT forum too, if you want advice on fastest / best courses, etc...

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/CTRUNNERS/forum

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Thanks.  Actually I was trying to find a local running group and/or forum.

Feel free to join us in CT forum too, if you want advice on fastest / best courses, etc...

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/CTRUNNERS/forum

Tweeeked

Progress for me tonight at a 5000m track race! My PR from a month ago (18:48) was either tied or beat by one second, official results coming later tonight. But Tweeeked, you ask, why is that progress? For the sheer fact that I ran right through that race, I answer. With tomorrow's long run I'll hit my highest weekly mileage...ever. This week also included two fairly successful workouts. So I'm thinking right now on a good day (it was quite windy on the home stretch) where I actually have a bit of a taper, I can get low-18s. With my summer of malmo training I'm hoping I'll be good to go for sub-18 in the fall. Though I'll actually be focusing on a half marathon at that point...

2014 Goals:

• 5k: sub-18
            • 10k: sub-38
            • Half: sub-85

Congrats on a good race Tweeked.  Enter and race as many 5K races as you can this summer.  By the end of the summer you'll eventually hit a good day on a good course and nail the sub-18.

Getting a little bit closer. Ran 18:16 today, which is the fastest for me this year. Actually, my second fastest 5k ever. So, thinking I still got a chance if the moon and stars align. If not, then hoping to PR this summer, which is 18:10.

Current Goals: Run and stuff