Lance Armstrong appears finally to have run out of rope. (Read 2702 times)

Why is it sideways?

Who cares if they chose to abuse their bodies to make great entertainment.  Then again, I don't / won't watch it, drugs or no drugs.

You don't care because you are not involved in competitive athletics. The same reason I don't care about a lot of things that happen in medicine that bug the crap out of you. That doesn't mean they are right; it just means you don't care.

Why is it sideways?

Are you suggesting that because private citizens chose to support research with their own dollars, there is no need to a federal agency to support scientific research and discovery?

Trent, this is pretty low grade trolling. Step up your game!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Help me understand.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent, this is pretty low grade trolling. Step up your game!

Actually, that was not trolling. But I knew you'd think it so. Guess you really are tweaking. < 60 hours remain until you RACE!

Why is it sideways?

Help me understand.

Let's imagine that you had a child who showed some promise in athletics... You can take the question from there.

Why is it sideways?

Actually, that was not trolling. But I knew you'd think it so. Guess you really are tweaking. < 60 hours remain until you RACE!

Making it personal: lower grade trolling. See how low you can go.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Let's imagine that you had a child who showed some promise in athletics... You can take the question from there.

Nope. I cannot. Walk me through it. And you got personal first, btw. Smile
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Jeff. I am serious. I truly do not get what the big deal is, or why this is a useful way to spend federal dollars especially at a time when dollars for healthcare, education and science are being cut. For real.

Why is it sideways?

Jeff. I am serious. I truly do not get what the big deal is, or why this is a useful way to spend federal dollars especially at a time when dollars for healthcare, education and science are being cut. For real.

Well, you could start with the reasons that I gave. But it's not fun to play the Trent troll game, so I think I will stop.

Feeling the growl again

The USADA is not going to confiscate the money that Lance raised for cancer. People can still fight cancer without Lance around.

Actually, The Livestrong Foundation is a brilliant brand-builder for Armstrong but does not support cancer research.  Not for quite awhile.  Although most people think it does.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The drive to tear this guy down is mystifying.  He beat some gnarly ass cancer.  He raised millions of dollars for research.  He won year after year after year and he's physically a freak of nature.  He's retired from competitive cycling and, so far as I can tell, hurting nobody.  Let it go.  

I will bet nickels that "consistent with doping" is not nearly as convincing as USADA would have us believe.  The government just passed on this whole circus for a reason.  

+1  I don't understand everybody's hatred of him.  LiveStrong!

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

ZZCaptainObvious

I think that his story is fishy, but I also respect that he has never tested positive. Never. 

And ultimately, let's say that they have new evidence and I'm wrong. What exactly does that change? Cheaters don't prosper, except for the millions that he already has. Additionally, cycling has basically been tarnished so badly almost no one gets the benefit of the doubt. 

I still think he's innocent until charges actually stick. 

Feeling the growl again

He beat some gnarly ass cancer.  He raised millions of dollars for research.  He won year after year after year and he's physically a freak of nature.  

Sort of, but the cancer he beat is also one of the most curable ones though it was at an advanced stage.

He doesn't raise millions for cancer research, however.  It goes to "awareness", primarily, and building his own brand.

He is a very talented individual, but doping one's self to the gills can also result in becoming a freak of nature.

The link provided above does not provide details on the bloodwork.  It's all a bunch of people rallying against him until they back it up with some real damning biochem.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Lance is a living symbol of the fact that up until now doping has been worth it. Cheating and encouraging others to cheat, distributing drugs to his fellow cyclists, and other illegal activities made him millions of dollars and earned him the adulation of people all across the world. 

I thought A-Rod, Deion Sanders, Carl Lewis, and Golden Shoe Johnson were also examples of athletes getting away with doping, but maybe it was only Lance

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Why is it sideways?

I thought A-Rod, Deion Sanders, Carl Lewis, and Golden Shoe Johnson were also examples of athletes getting away with doping, but maybe it was only Lance

Where did I make the claim that it was only Lance?

I know it is fun to "bait" Jeff, but please people. Get a grip.