Lance Armstrong appears finally to have run out of rope. (Read 2702 times)

He stopped fighting the TdF title thing (or whatever) because he claimed that it was a witch hunt and just got tired of fighting.

Okay, yeah. That's why he stopped fighting it.

Runners run

No Talent Drips

FWIW, the doctor Ablow who wrote that article co-wrote a book with Glenn Beck, so I imagine that he bears the same relationship to psychology as Beck does to, say, history.

If you look him up, he's basically a self-promoter. He did figure out how to cash in on the Lance thing though. So, good for him.

The guy is a total hack. It clicks the link.

Dei Gratia

BeeRunB

http://www.sbnation.com/cycling/2012/10/23/3545320/lance-armstrong-doping-marathon-times-stripped-boston-nyc

Forgotten from marathons too.  As he wasn't competitive in these races I feel like this is just punitive consistency . . . unless it opens one more spot in the qualifying roster to allow me to sneak in; then I'm all for it.

Lance finished 496th at Boston in 2008. The runner who finished 497th, and who might have been cheated out of sole possession of 496th, if Lance was doping for this marathon, is going to be having a "496th Is Mine" party as soon as all the appeals are done. And the runner who finished 1001st---top 1000, baby!

BeeRunB

Prince of Fatness

If you look him up, he's basically a self-promoter.

Aren't we all in our own way?  But yeah, he's way out there.  To be honest I did not look him up.  I just read the article and got a chuckle out of it so I posted it.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Aren't we all in our own way?  But yeah, he's way out there.  To be honest I did not look him up.  I just read the article and got a chuckle out of it so I posted it.

Dance, monkeys, dance....

(I never thought you posted it for anything other than its entertainment value)

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Why is it sideways?

Sorry if I was misunderstood -- didn't mean to criticize you, Taters. I just criticized the article and the guy who wrote it.

Are we all self-promoters? If we are all self-promoters, then the term loses its meaning. I think you can make a distinction between this guy's level of self promotion (willing to drag his discipline and others through the mud in order to make a buck or get some fame) and respectable levels of self-promotion, such as aligning yourself with respectable practices in the field and trying to become, actually, a better self. Collapsing that distinction is unhelpful, seems to me.

But maybe I am a monkey -- definitely spent more time on that article than it was worth!

Feeling the growl again

But maybe I am a monkey -- definitely spent more time on that article than it was worth!

+1.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Sorry if I was misunderstood -- didn't mean to criticize you, Taters. I just criticized the article and the guy who wrote it.

Nah I didn't think that you were being critical of me, but I just wanted to be clear that I was just having some fun and did not agree with the guy.

I have my moments, but not like this guy.

Not at it at all. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Lance vs a mountain lion. Who do you take?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hawt and sexy

Squirrel!

Wha?

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Please draw inside the lines. Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Hawt and sexy

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think your spirograph is broken.