It sucks to have wide feet (Read 176 times)

I've got 2 problems my shoe size is only a men's 7.5 and the width is 4e.  Trying to find shoes in that size, especially online is a real sweat.  Most shoes appear to be offered in the width D or M.  I've also wondered too, if I would have been a faster runner if my feet weren't so wide?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

A good store can likely special order for you.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I've also wondered too, if I would have been a faster runner if my feet weren't so wide?

"One never knows, do one?"

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
        MrH

Focus on the positive.

Find races where wide feet is a distinct advantage, such as barefoot races on hot desert sand; or through the snow.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

#artbydmcbride

You are probably right, deer have tiny pointy hooves and run very fast.  Cheetahs have dainty small paws and run even faster.

Runners run

MrH

You are probably right, deer have tiny pointy hooves and run very fast.  Cheetahs have dainty small paws and run even faster.

Camels and polar bears are fast on their terrain. Pick your race course.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

kcam

I've got 2 problems my shoe size is only a men's 7.5 and the width is 4e.  Trying to find shoes in that size, especially online is a real sweat.  Most shoes appear to be offered in the width D or M.  I've also wondered too, if I would have been a faster runner if my feet weren't so wide?

There must be a Foot Width Grading calculator out there ...

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Size 9AAA is no walk in the park, either.  Smile

Half Fanatic #846

In general it seems, the more minimalist  the shoe, the wider the toe box.  I wouldn't worry if your toes don't  reach the end of the toe box, which means you may need to go up slightly in size. Trouble is, your LRS probably carries few, if any, minimal styles. If you order online, make sure they have a good return policy. Or you may not care for a minimal type shoe, but at least you could try that.

...and BTW, in answer to your question, I've heard from unreliable internet sources that unlike cheetahs and deer, the ostrich (which most resembles the human runner of course) has very wide feet and is plenty fast, so it should be a relief to know that speed is possibly increased by width.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Just ran a trail race.  Larger feet suck on trails.

It is no fun when you are plodding along a stretch of single-track that is 5-6" wide and have runners that you know are substantially slower than you flying by.  All because your size 13 E's don't fit in the damn tracks!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Old, Slow, Happy

I bet you're a heck of a swimmer.

Isn't this why some run barefoot?

Get off my porch

ginchinyan

I know there is that type of shoes that are like socks when you wear it but it supports your feet!

NHLA

Tops carries narrow & wd shoes.  Mom is a 7AAAA      http://www.topsforshoes.com