opinion of Zooma races (Read 540 times)

I am running the Zooma race in Annapolis next weekend and I am not happy with the way it is going with mgmt. Anyone ever run one-it's the first for Annapolis. What did yu think of it? It's expensive and I'm hoping it's better than it is looking. Thanks Angry

Half Fanatic #846

According to the website, Zooma claims they are "professionally managed". I believe this will be the inaugural race of the planned Zooma series - the next one will be a 5/10K in Atlanta later this year. Yep, it's expensive, but supposedly you get a lot more than usual (if you like expos, shopping, dinners, post-party, etc). Undecided I guess there's no history to judge by...

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Hello, I'm also running ZOOMA in Annapolis this weekend. This is my first half marathon and first major race. I've run a 5K and 10K but it was on the base that I work at (Pax River Naval Base in Maryland). They were just small races for the people who work on base. The 5K had maybe 12 runners and the 10K had maybe 30. So they were small races. My ZOOMA race packet came in the mail today. I can't wait to go home and check it out. Have a good race. Gwin
        2007 Races: 5K: 25 minutes, 10 seconds 10K: 50 minutes, 31 seconds 2008 Races: Half Marathon: 1:55:45 (ZOOMA, Annapolis, MD) 10-Mile Race: 1:25:24 (Piney Point, MD) 2009 Races: Marathon: 4:44:22 (Piney Point, MD)