Adding a picture to a post ... (Read 2291 times)

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi I am clearly 'not the brightest penny in the piggy bank' as I'm struggling to add a picture to a post. I use the 'add an image' button and in the post I get the

Running ... just keep running!

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, Neil. Here's my version of the picture directions. Hope this helps!
      To post a picture in the forums: You'll need the URL of the picture. There are several ways to do this. I right-click on a picture and select "properties." In the pop-up box is an URL. I copy this (and close the box) and paste it over to the message I am writing. Then I link it. Look at the boxes under Formatting: (the one you can use to make text bold, itialics, underligned, or strike-through). The picture-box with a globe and a chain is for linking to a webpage. The picture-box with mountains and a sun is for linking pictures. Click this one while the URL is highlighted in your message. If you have done everything correctly, your picture will show up in your message.

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

Thanks Janell!
        Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Janell - thanks ... that works fine if the image has a URL (ie is a web image) ... what happens if the image is a file on my desktop (eg JPEG file) ... is there a way to attach the file or to open it in a picture viewer and copy/paste? In this case my picture is a file... Hmmmm .... Confused

eric :)

Hi Neil, Although it would be nice if you can upload your pictures to this site, it is beyond its purpose at this time. To display such a picture, you'll need to upload your picture to an online photo site. There are many such services you can choose from, such as picasa.google.com and flickr.yahoo.com. eric Smile
            Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Eric Thanks ... I'll check these sites out and do it that way. Thanks, as usual, for great service! Neil Big grin

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Yeah, I did it!!!
                If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
                  Can anyone help me? Why isn't it working? The album it is in is public (picasa)
                  Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Picasa treats its images funny. It is better to upload your pics to a site dedicated to message board hosting, such as http://www.photobucket.com. Photobucket also lets you reduce the size of the image so that it fits in a browser window.
                    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Can anyone help me? Why isn't it working? The album it is in is public (picasa)
                      Hi ... I initially tried PICASA as well and it didn't work. Other options (like photo-bucket) seem to work fine. Good luck! Neil Smile

PJH

Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Don't use photobucket's img code. Eric uses regular html. It needs to have <> around it rather than [ ] . So instead of this: [IMG]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj272/trails2run/DSCF4012.jpg[/IMG] It would look like this: http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj272/trails2run/DSCF4012.jpg Which you should then highlight with your cursor and then click on the image button above: Which then gets you something that looks like this: < img="" />http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj272/trails2run/DSCF4012.jpg< mg="" /> Using that you get this:
                              gosh your quick on this help board trent! thanks, i just figured it out, too!
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You are most welcome!