Bah, labral tear in right hip. (Read 348 times)

dallison

registered pw

I'll make sure to post updates as often as i can remember.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Hip Redux

Posted!  Health thread on labrum tears

Thanks for the update Mandy, i appreciate it. I have a 10 mile race on Sunday and will run through tuesday. i wonder if there will be any negative effects if i run the morning of surgery to get my last fix?

I would be worried about dehydration or something since you won't have food\water the day of surgery?  But I have no real proof it would be an issue.

dallison

registered pw

I wouldn't run far, maybe 3-5 miles.. But, i also wonder if that would affect the hip area with swelling or inflammed labrum.

2017 goals:

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I wouldn't run far, maybe 3-5 miles.. But, i also wonder if that would affect the hip area with swelling or inflammed labrum.

I ran the afternoon before my surgery. 4 miles. I went under the knife at 7:30am the next day. No one told me not to...that said, I probably wouldn't run the day of. You might find you're too nervous or busy as well.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Surgery scheduled for april 2nd. I have my hip brace and PT lined up. How are you doing Mandy? I haven't been able to see any of your latest updates.

Good luck today!

dallison

registered pw

Thanks!. I have to be there for 3pm. I really don't like late appointments like this, but you can't always choose them.

I'll let you guys know how i am in the AM.

2017 goals:

ultramarathon/triathlete

good luck!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                Gatorade Endurance Team

dallison

registered pw

Surgery went well, from what i was told. I had to be there at three pm but surgery wasn't until 6pm. The Dr. was running about 30 minutes late. It lasted about two hours. The labrum was badly damaged, but repairable.There was a ridge that had to be shaved down a bit too.

This is a partial weight bearing surgery where i am able to use about 30% of my body weight on the repaired hip. It's always amazing to see the vitals as a runner. In the hopsital my bp was 117/82 and 43 bpm in the prep area. During surgery it was about 49. We got to leave around 9:30. I had some rice krispie treats waiting and stopped to get some iced tea. When i got home, i had a bowl of cereal.

Of course i fell asleep right away. I did wake up a few times and fianlly woke around 3:30 as i needed more meds.

Trying to use the bathroom i started to sweat pretty good while i was standing up.

I quickly ate more cereal and one pain med.

My throat hurts from the air tube and of course my hip area is still numb but aches pretty good.

I think i'm going back to bed.

2017 goals:

Hip Redux

Glad it went well.   Rest up!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good news, dallison!  Glad to have you on the other side with me!  Now please check in and report your healing in our master thread in the health and nutrition section.    I've been trying to give sporadic updates there to help others who go through the surgery and what to expect.  It'll be cool to see how everyone's experiences line up.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Good news, dallison!  Glad to have you on the other side with me!  Now please check in and report your healing in our master thread in the health and nutrition section.    I've been trying to give sporadic updates there to help others who go through the surgery and what to expect.  It'll be cool to see how everyone's experiences line up.

+1

Big grin

ultramarathon/triathlete

Glad to hear it went well! Rest up!

Let us know what they said in terms of recovery.  Are you taking time off work?

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                          Gatorade Endurance Team

dallison

registered pw

I took off today only, but i'm going back to work tomorrow. i'll start posting in the master thread. I love a challenge.

2017 goals: