New WR: Beer Mile (Read 381 times)

JML

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

JimR

I better start training.

I've been working on one part of this.

Feeling the growl again

I'm not going to call BS but I've actually tested free-flowing cans and a couple of those seemed to empty faster than physically possible with a normal-sized opening.  That second beer was empty in about 4 seconds.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Joann Y

And no burping? There has got to be burping. Even with the magical temp that dissipates the CO2.

RunNow

And just his girlfriend filming? No one else there?

Ummmmmmm.......

mikeymike

Buncha naysayers. That was epic!!!

I'm sure there was a lot of burping during those laps.

Runners run

I have always disliked the whole "can" thing with a beer mile.   Why not get rid of all the foam by chugging out of solo cup?  Ive done a beer mile out of solo cups in under 11 minutes. I can't even get through the the second lap if I am drinking out of cans, way too much foam..

Feeling the growl again

I have always disliked the whole "can" thing with a beer mile.   Why not get rid of all the foam by chugging out of solo cup?  Ive done a beer mile out of solo cups in under 11 minutes. I can't even get through the the second lap if I am drinking out of cans, way too much foam..

Rules say beer or cans, either with normal-sized openings.  In my scientific testing, bottles empty faster than cans.  I have not tested the effect on angle on emptying speed yet.

He seemed to up-end the can briefly at the end to show it was empty, but I'm sorry, even if you do drink the entire beer there would be some drops or foam, something.  I didn't see anything but perhaps I need a bigger screen.

If you are claiming a WR there should be additional witnesses and closer inspection of the empty cans.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

joescott

Indeed I think USATF and IAAF have strict rules on records.

MTA:  I think his wife is disqualified as timekeeper and beer observer.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

mikeymike

And how do we know that track was even regulation???

Runners run

Rules say beer or cans, either with normal-sized openings.  In my scientific testing, bottles empty faster than cans.  I have not tested the effect on angle on emptying speed yet.

He seemed to up-end the can briefly at the end to show it was empty, but I'm sorry, even if you do drink the entire beer there would be some drops or foam, something.  I didn't see anything but perhaps I need a bigger screen.

If you are claiming a WR there should be additional witnesses and closer inspection of the empty cans.

This is a conspiracy worth exploring as I too thought that it was remarkable to not see a few drops spill out when he turned it over his head.  Unless he vacuumed (sucked) the contents I am not buying that he could empty that can so efficiently in 8 seconds.

joescott

That's what I'm talking about.  No inside rail, so it would need to be measured 30 cm from the inside line.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

And how do we know that track was even regulation???

exactly.  Occam's razor states that among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

therefore it appears he built a replica stadium with a roughly 350 meter track.

xhristopher

I'm amazed at the speed in which he threw those back. I'm gonna have to try it myself this evening. Drinking, not the running part.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm amazed at the speed in which he threw those back. I'm gonna have to try it myself this evening. Drinking, not the running part.

It's NOT a beer mile without the running, dude.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.