Ack, what have I done?! (Read 1069 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just registered for my first marathon (Milwaukee Lakefront, 10/05) before the price goes up! I feel sick to my stomach...sheesh. Blush Confused No Dead Black eye

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I feel sick to my stomach...sheesh. Blush Confused No Dead Black eye
      You forgot Shocked Surprised Sad Cry 8 Ball and Tight lipped

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You forgot Shocked Surprised Sad Cry 8 Ball and Tight lipped
        No kidding...especially Shocked

~ Sarah Kay

uncontrollable

That is awesome! The GI symptoms won't last. Actually - they'll come & go ... especially if you do too much GU on the long runs! (or maybe that's just me!)

peace

My legs are killing me

Look at the bright side Zoom. The beer at the finish line has to be good at that one ! Big grin
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Look at the bright side Zoom. The beer at the finish line has to be good at that one ! Big grin
              I hope there is Leinie's. Miller makes Leinie, now. I will deserve at least that.... Oooh, and I can get some beers from New Glarus, too! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

My legs are killing me

26.2 miles followed by 12 oz curls. Gotta love that ! Big grin
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

26.2 miles followed by 12 oz curls. Gotta love that ! Big grin
                  And maybe some brats... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! I felt a little buyer's remorse after I signed up for mine too. Surprised The feeling passes...then you really excited, then nervous, then happy, then scared, then confident, then terrified, and then naseous again. Actually, I go through all those feelings daily. The beer will be nice... Wink Big grin
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I felt a little buyer's remorse after I signed up for mine too. Surprised The feeling passes...then you really excited, then nervous, then happy, then scared, then confident, then terrified, and then naseous again.
                      Ha...buyer's remorse...that is exactly what it feels like! Wink

~ Sarah Kay

now forming the "Go Zoom in Milwaukee" fan club. The club will meet 3 days early to search for the perfect micro brew, cheer zoomie on during the race, and they buy her quality micro brews until.......

Dog-Love

Way to go ZZ Shocked Great time of year, plenty of time to train...YIKES!
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

My legs are killing me

Zoom, My first marathon is a month after yours and I have all those feelings too. Pumped up one minute and the next thinking I'm completely crazy. The good news is we have pleanty of time to train and prepare so if the effort is there we should have an enjoyable first marathon. I was going to do one in May but came down with pnemonia which just put me behind the 8 Ball. I figured what's the rush. I would rather feel prepared than rushed when taking on something this far.

Dave

Zoomie, you're going to do great. You've got a great base of mileage and it is months away. I'm sure you've done 14 in training right? Think of it this way: 14 training miles 5 extra miles from all the race day adrenaline The last 7.6 are a mystery but they pass somehow. I ran the USMC last fall on just a few days notice to support a friend. Check out my log in the late October/Early November timeframe. Very sad... As long as you go out slow, finishing won't be an issue. I'm so happy for you Yes

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

now forming the "Go Zoom in Milwaukee" fan club. The club will meet 3 days early to search for the perfect micro brew, cheer zoomie on during the race, and they buy her quality micro brews until.......
                                YES! Wink Dave...I actually did 16 miles in a training run for a 25k last Spring, so I know I can make it another 4 miles to 20. But that "wall" at 20 scares me. I picture myself steadily plugging away for 3.3 hours, then crashing hard! Dead

~ Sarah Kay