Bad head cold... should I run or rest? (Read 546 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

I should add that I still have an infant so I'm up 2x a night feeding him, so rest is looking good, but I always feel better when I run. Oh what to do?

Bring it on.

JakeKnight

I always feel better when I run.
      Looks like you already answered your question.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Run, baby, run! And post baby pics.
          Running is a natural decongestant. I have no scientific evidence to back up this claim mind you. Run.

Renee the dog

Oh gosh yes, run. Esp. if the cold isn't in your chest. I've had two head colds this winter that didn't progress to my ears, throat or chest, and I swear it's because I didn't miss a run. Worst case, you get out there and decide you can't. But, more likely, you'll get out there and decide you can! Good luck!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

My rule of thumb is that as long as the cold/cough/whatever is in in the neck or higher, run. If it's in the chest, I just decide based on how lousy I feel.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I usually find that anytime I don't fell like running, I tell myself to just do ONE mile and that'll be good enough. Most of the time, I'll keep going after that mile is up. There are 2 or 3 girls on my XC/Track team that just recently "finished" running at least 1 mile every day for 3 years. Evidently, nothing stops them. I have a cold right now too, not horrible, but I've felt better after the run everyday this week.