Male apparel undergarment disaster (Read 1585 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ok guys, don't make the same mistake I made. A few months ago I was looking to get some more "runderwear." I don't go running without every piece of apparel being technical fabric of some sort, and my underwear is no exception. Yes So I went to Road Runner Sports and discovered that the highest rated item in this category is the DRYROAD Jock, which conveniently comes in a 3-pack. I thought, "hey that's not a bad idea -- Big Jim and The Twins are secure, and there's lots of freedom everywhere else." I ordered a pack. 26 reviews and average rating of 4.5/5 can't be wrong, right? Ok WRONG. True, they seemed comfortable at first, but I noticed that they kept riding up. So much so that it looked kinda like a friggin' whale's tale. Blush That might look hot on the ladies, but I'm a dude -- having quasi-thong-like undergarments sticking out above my shorts just ain't cool. Plus, I found that if my wife and I aren't paying attention when folding the clothes, these things end up in her underwear drawer. I'm not a fan of having my underwear being mistaken for my wifey's. Roll eyes So fellas [yeah] fellas [yeah] has your girlfriend got the butt?... sorry, got on a random Mix-A-Lot tangent there. Lemme try again. So fellas, ignore that 4.5-star rating and go with 3-star rated, but much more rational DRYROAD brief.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My running shorts all have liners. That suffices. No extra garments needed. And NO problems.
      Scout7

The only time I wear underwear is with the few pairs of shorts that don't have a liner. Seriously, you don't need 'em.
        Scout7

OK, I've tried to hold back, but I can't.....
          Big Jim and The Twins are secure, and there's lots of freedom everywhere else.
          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! *snort* *giggle* pffft....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! OK, I feel better now.... "Big Jim and the twins"......*snerk*
            OK, I've tried to hold back, but I can't..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! *snort* *giggle* pffft....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! OK, I feel better now.... "Big Jim and the twins"......*snerk*
            I thought you weren't going to comment about that!! ROFL

Michelle

Ok WRONG. True, they seemed comfortable at first, but I noticed that they kept riding up. So much so that it looked kinda like a friggin' whale's tail. Blush That might look hot on the ladies, but I'm a dude -- having quasi-thong-like undergarments sticking out above my shorts just ain't cool. Plus, I found that if my wife and I aren't paying attention when folding the clothes, these things end up in her underwear drawer. I'm not a fan of having my underwear being mistaken for my wifey's. Roll eyes
              I can't stop laughing.... Big grin Whale's tail??

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

to quote Stripes "Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual." go w/ the running shorts w/ the liner

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

My husband says that he isn't trusting his "goods" to just a liner, he wears underwear with them.

Michelle

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

So fellas [yeah] fellas [yeah] has your girlfriend got the butt?... sorry, got on a random Mix-A-Lot tangent there.
                    If you've never heard this remake, I highly recommend it: "Baby got Back" performed by Jonathan Coulton http://rubyurl.com/D4F
                    Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
                    mikeymike

My husband says that he isn't trusting his "goods" to just a liner, he wears underwear with them.
                      Even in the summer? Wow. I've never had a short liner fail under load and I've logged some serious miles. Hell the greeks ran naked...

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm with your hubby on that one. Naked Greeks or not, I'm not trusting my Jones Gang to a little old liner. Especially since I'm the father of two young children. Why, you ask? Well, the untold truth about being a daddy is that you accidentally get kicked/hit in The Junk. A lot. My two year old could be sitting on my lap; then he'll suddenly bolt to grab who knows what and he'll plant his little foot right on The Goods. Those cute little bastards are fast, and they don't care where they step.
                        I can't stop laughing.... Big grin Whale's tail??
                        Do your double question marks indicate disbelief, or have you not heard that expression before? I'm not posting a picture to explain -- I'll leave that to Scout. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Do your double question marks indicate disbelief, or have you not heard that expression before? I'm not posting a picture to explain -- I'll leave that to Scout. Tongue
                          I've never heard of that saying before.

Michelle

Scout7

Whoa, there, scooter.... I think zoomer is the picture poster, not I.
                            mikeymike

I'm with your hubby on that one. Naked Greeks or not, I'm not trusting my Jones Gang to a little old liner. Especially since I'm the father of two young children. Why, you ask? Well, the untold truth about being a daddy is that you accidentally get kicked/hit in The Junk. A lot. My two year old could be sitting on my lap; then he'll suddenly bolt to grab who knows what and he'll plant his little foot right on The Goods. Those cute little bastards are fast, and they don't care where they step.
                              I've got 4, dude. So what your saying is it's not about the runnig so much as getting kicked i the nuts? In that case you better wear a cup because your little run briefs aren't gonna help you any more than a shorts liner. Tongue

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I've got 4, dude. So what your saying is it's not about the runnig so much as getting kicked i the nuts? In that case you better wear a cup because your little run briefs aren't gonna help you any more than a shorts liner. Tongue
                                4 nuts or 4 kids?