Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Believe

Set a weekly mileage record with 42.5 miles this week.  Already over 100 miles for October which makes the 8th consecutive month with over 100 miles for me!  They are slow miles, but they are miles!

You are correct, miles are miles.  That is great and you are certainly pushing the miles better than I am.  Great job.

an amazing likeness

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

EliBuford

PR'd again for the 5K. 17:11

Last evening I ran in Hurricane first time. Well, Sandy was 1000 miles away, but I was still soaking wet. First ever ran in the pouring rain. Is that a victory? :-)

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

npaden

12 miles this morning capped off the tongest running streak of my life so far.  21 days and 118.6 miles. 

It ends tomorrow though as I will be sitting in a hunting blind for opening day of deer season.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

jeffdonahue

12 miles this morning capped off the tongest running streak of my life so far.  21 days and 118.6 miles. 

It ends tomorrow though as I will be sitting in a hunting blind for opening day of deer season.

Or just get your run in by chasing down the deer.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Or just get your run in by chasing down the deer.

Persistence hunting.  Prove the theory.

npaden

Maybe after they get lead poisoning.  (Actually I don't use lead bullets, but you can kind of get the idea)

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

I'm pretty sure I've told everyone and most are sick of it but I'm going to say it anyway because I've been trying FOREVER...I FINALLY got a sub 2 half marathon!!!!  1:58:21.  I've tried 6 times total - twice last year and PR'd both times and missed with 2:02 and 2:01...then had 2 miserable failures earlier this year and ended up with around 2:09ish for both (terrible, terrible failures) - tried again 2 weeks ago on a course that has some challenges and got a 2:00:13, so I knew I could do it this week on a fast and flat course and DID. So incredibly happy to be over that hump! Big grin

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations, knifey!   Good for you!

steph  

This victory is not mine: it's my Dad's.  I ran his first half marathon with him today.  It was his first ever race, too.  

Running with him was one of the coolest experiences of my life.

He was shooting for 1:46 to 1:48.  We crossed the finish line together at 1:46:33.  It's something I will remember forever.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                        Emil Zatopek

I'm pretty sure I've told everyone and most are sick of it but I'm going to say it anyway because I've been trying FOREVER...I FINALLY got a sub 2 half marathon!!!!  1:58:21.  I've tried 6 times total - twice last year and PR'd both times and missed with 2:02 and 2:01...then had 2 miserable failures earlier this year and ended up with around 2:09ish for both (terrible, terrible failures) - tried again 2 weeks ago on a course that has some challenges and got a 2:00:13, so I knew I could do it this week on a fast and flat course and DID. So incredibly happy to be over that hump! Big grin

Congratulations!   This is so awesome!    Smile

Michelle

This victory is not mine: it's my Dad's.  I ran his first half marathon with him today.  It was his first ever race, too.  

Running with him was one of the coolest experiences of my life.

He was shooting for 1:46 to 1:48.  We crossed the finish line together at 1:46:33.  It's something I will remember forever.

Wow, that is very cool!  What a great memory, and a very decent time!  Congratulations to your dad. 

Michelle

It's something I will remember forever.

This is very, very cool. Congrats!

an amazing likeness

NewPeepBump

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.