Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

runrockclimb

Ran the Seattle Half Marathon yesterday and despite the cold, damp, conditions,the hilly course, and a really bad cold, I PR'd and reached my goal of a Sub 2, 1:58:47! So proud of myself.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations, runrock!  Feels good doesn't it?

steph  

dog person

Ran my first sub 4. marathon (seattle) yesterday. As a return to running runner, this was my fourth marathon in 2 years.

My progression so far in my 4 marathons has been 4:13, 4:03:, 4:00:28, 3:59:40. I turned 50 this year,

so i figure at this rate I should be good for sub 3 @ age 70.

Also, my first post at runningahead. Regardless of all the nonsense at RW, I really need to start logging my miles again.

Kristian

Mmmmm...beer

Crossed over the 1,000 mile threshold today.  Very happy with my first 8 months of running, and all injury free!  Smile

Here's to the next 1,000 miles and beyond.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

MrNamtor

I ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill at a 7 minute mile pace.

In the past, I've gone 3.15 miles at this pace, but last night i just came back from the dentist and had eaten pizza for dinner, something I never do. So the 2.5 was good.

I often list my 5k time as 21:45 but this is my TM time, not a race time.

My goal is to do this in a race. Probably I'll do the indoor "warm your heart" 5k in January. It's kind of a cheat bc the race is indoors, flat, and the temp inside is 68 F. But it's a good setting to PR.

Completed three weeks of running without a relapse from my strained hamstring.  Damned injury cost me my Spring, Summer and Fall racing seasons (and wiped out a good base), but I think I'm finally back on track.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Bouncy Butt

Runner's legs I have not

Super brand-new to running and today completed my second day (yes, you read that right -- this is my 2nd day of running) of C25k training - and I DIDN'T DIE!!! YAY!! I'm 46, 254 lbs and have severe back problems (2 herniations and scoliosis to boot) and a host of other maladies that have kept me in excuses galore! BUT, I am still alive and am so motivated that I made video of before and after I ran/walked. My 47th b'day is in April, so I'm going to see what 5k I can run around that time to celebrate -- it'll be a good goal to strive for. Right now my goal is to follow the 8-week program to be able to ease into running without injury or death. All this pain feels great... I can't wait to see how I feel six months from now!

Smile

vegefrog

With my easy 5 miler this morning I have reached my first 200 mile month. I feel great and I hope to have many more!!!!

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

This was for last evening, but I ran further than I ever have without stopping.  2 whole miles lol.  My goal is to run my typical three mile route without stopping.  I set out to do it last night but just had to stop and walk after 2. Still I consider it to be a victory and hopefully I'll get it next time.  Woot!

Chasing the bus

I ran a half today. It wasn't pretty or fast, but I did it obama sef. A year ago, three was a big deal.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                      Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I like reading everyone's victories.  Keep up the good work, all.

I finished first female in my 5K today, 20:42.  Not my best time but it was hilly.  

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Mmmmm...beer

Great job MJ!  Hills destroy me (mainly because there are zero hills where I live lol). 

My victory, 1st in my AG today at my 5k, 20:23.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

MrNamtor

I like reading everyone's victories.  Keep up the good work, all.

I finished first female in my 5K today, 20:42.  Not my best time but it was hilly.  

That's a damned good time for a woman runner!!

Just kidding mj, please don't kill me. Big grin

I did my first one-hour run today. I didn't even take a walk break. I covered 5.71 miles, which made this both the longest duration and the longest distance run for me.

Congrats, you guys!  These are some awesome accomplishments!  

As for me, my run today put me over 1,000 miles since I started running last November.  And it was a great run, too!  9 miles (longest distance I've run in a while) at a pace that surprised me.  Good day.  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau