Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Walk-Jogger

I ran 3 events in an open track meet last Sunday, and went under 5:30 for the mile (5:28) for the first time since I was 55. One of the participating HS coaches said that qualifies me for "All American"  status, whatever that means. I also went under 2:30 for the 800m for the first time, which has been a goal of mine for a few years.  Not bad for a 57 year old grandpa of 6 (+1 more any day now).  Congrats to everyone else on their accomplishments this past weekend!

Retired &  Loving It

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I ran 3 events in an open track meet last Sunday, and went under 5:30 for the mile (5:28) for the first time since I was 55. One of the participating HS coaches said that qualifies me for "All American"  status, whatever that means. I also went under 2:30 for the 800m for the first time, which has been a goal of mine for a few years.  Not bad for a 57 year old grandpa of 6 (+1 more any day now).  Congrats to everyone else on their accomplishments this past weekend!

WOW! I am the same age. I have not seen 5:30 since HS.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Walk-Jogger

WOW! I am the same age. I have not seen 5:30 since HS.

I didn't run in high school, so now I'm trying to make up for lost time. All the kids I ran against this past weekend were high school track guys, and I didn't beat a single one of them Angry.

Retired &  Loving It

Not only did I finally break 40 mpw this week for the first time ever, but I also broke 50 mpw this week for the first time ever! Smile Thanks to some calf compression sleeves, I finally wasn't plagued by calf/shin pain, and really enjoyed putting in some great miles this last week! Big grin I also broke my record for longest run (>8 miles), and most miles in a day (>12 miles)! Now that I'm pain free in the calves, I'm actually having to keep myself from running more miles, just so I don't injure myself in some other way (and, of course, so the DW doesn't get too annoyed by my absences while I run... <grin>Wink.

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)

Not only did I finally break 40 mpw this week for the first time ever, but I also broke 50 mpw this week for the first time ever! Smile Thanks to some calf compression sleeves, I finally wasn't plagued by calf/shin pain, and really enjoyed putting in some great miles this last week! :..

Looks like we have similar plans for 2013, running every day of the year, increasing mileage each week to 40+ and all that :-)

I used to have shin splint issues also, but once they finally went away, they never came back and I no longer have any issues with shin splints at all, no matter what mileage I do.   --Hopefully the same will be the case for you and the shin splint issues are gone + you can do any mileage you want to. :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

doctorjen

Ran my first trail race today - a 20 miler in crazy mud, with big hills, rocks, and roots.  So much fun!  Race report on my thread about whether I'd be insane to run a trail race instead of a 20-mile training rung during marathon training in the Racing forum.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Ran my first trail race today - a 20 miler in crazy mud, with big hills, rocks, and roots.  So much fun!  Race report on my thread about whether I'd be insane to run a trail race instead of a 20-mile training rung during marathon training in the Racing forum.

Congrats.WTG.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1st 25 mile week in 7 weeks without there being a marathon in the picture. Small but significant victory!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Outside Lane

Double digit week and it's been over 50 days since I quit smoking (yes, again)!

See how they run...

First run in the rain.

Wing

Joggaholic

40 miles on the TM! Robotech on Netflix kept me going, but it's a torture having to listen to the horrible singing...

Loves the outdoors

40 miles on the TM! Robotech on Netflix kept me going, but it's a torture having to listen to the horrible singing...

40 miles! Are you trying to follow in DB's footsteps?

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

15+ month of PF has me away from running, so I have started rowing on a Concept2. I really buckled down to consistent rowing in early January after spending too much time moping about not running and sitting on the couch. My good - I rowed 125k for the month of February!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Ran my first 15 miler today.  Training for my first marathon!Big grin

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Ran my first 15 miler today.  Training for my first marathon!Big grin

Woo! Hoo!  Congratulations, kathy!

steph