Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

VERY COOL !     great work!

on my way to badass

I ran 4 miles today with no walk breaks and kept my pace consistant for the first time ever.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Outside Lane

Way to go stonefence!

See how they run...

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hi, I rarely post here but I want to brag about something and I feel like the bragging thread is a good place to do it!!! Yesterday, I ran a 10K. It was my 8th....and I have been attempting a sub-60 minute 10K since May. Something always goes wrong to prevent it....and that remains true for yesterday's race....the organizers had to modify the course to be 6.7 miles. My official time was 1:04:09....which is not sub-60 BUT I did see on my Garmin that I hit 6.2 miles in 59:55!! AND it was a very small race and I managed to place 30th overall out of 75, 14th female out of 48, and 3rd in my AG out of 14!!! By far my strongest and best placing race to date....usually I place in the middle but more towards the back of the pack!!! This is my first time getting a top 3 AG place!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

I ran 4 miles today with no walk breaks and kept my pace consistant for the first time ever.

excellent!

Kristen,   excellent work & always nice little motivational boost placing in AG.  you are just going to get stronger too!

Hi, I rarely post here but I want to brag about something and I feel like the bragging thread is a good place to do it!!! Yesterday, I ran a 10K. It was my 8th....and I have been attempting a sub-60 minute 10K since May. Something always goes wrong to prevent it....and that remains true for yesterday's race....the organizers had to modify the course to be 6.7 miles. My official time was 1:04:09....which is not sub-60 BUT I did see on my Garmin that I hit 6.2 miles in 59:55!! AND it was a very small race and I managed to place 30th overall out of 75, 14th female out of 48, and 3rd in my AG out of 14!!! By far my strongest and best placing race to date....usually I place in the middle but more towards the back of the pack!!! This is my first time getting a top 3 AG place!

That is awesome. Great job. It's always nice to get an AG no matter how small the race.

I love reading everyone's victories, and I find them so motivational -- perhaps especially the ones that could be characterized as "small."  My small victory for the day was doing my speed work out even though I had gotten an upsetting phone call (no one died or anything, but still upsetting) right before I was to head out.  For me, when I'm upset, my every instinct screams that I should sit on the couch with a pint of ice cream or bag of potato chips -- but I forced myself to go running instead.  I

Current PRs:  Half-marathon: 2:04:46 (Nov. 2013) /10k: 55:01 (Oct. 2013)/ 5K: 25:40 (Dec. 2013)

Upcoming races:  5k Jan. 25, 2013

Half marathon Feb. 23, 2014

I did 15 sit-ups last night, and they felt a lot easier and lighter.

It is an off day cross-training thing I made up.  Sit-ups, followed by push-ups, followed by squats, followed by jumping jacks, and so on.  Sit-ups have been the most difficult.  I can do them, just not as fun as they used to be Smile

Soon the reps will go up to 20, then 25, and so on.  Was just nice that the 15 finally felt easy.

HopkntnHereICome

Thanks to all the members of the community, as of a few moments ago, my streak reads 100 workouts. I don't know when I will end my streak but I have gotten used to it. Although this is modest when compared to other running streaks, I wanted to thank everyone for posting their small/big victories for the day all these years. 

The only way out is through- R. Frost I have miles to go before I sleep - R. Frost

Evolving body parts

Thanks to all the members of the community, as of a few moments ago, my streak reads 100 workouts. I don't know when I will end my streak but I have gotten used to it. Although this is modest when compared to other running streaks, I wanted to thank everyone for posting their small/big victories for the day all these years. 

Awesome! I am about to break my 17 day streak, in fact I am at day 17 now and my mileage is way better than last time. Nothing to write home about, but I have a good feeling about this.

And yes, a big thank you to all the motivators here!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I missed posting this Sunday. I ran the Austin Decker Challenge Half Marathon on Sunday, a race that Runners World classifies as one of the most challenging/difficult halves in the country. I've run it twice before with fastest time of 3:10 (yeah, old and slow). I've been training with Coach Ashley of ACT Running and for a change listening to good advice. With cooler weather goal was to beat 3:10 and maybe hit 3:00. Should also add that my half PB is 2:55 so even on flatter routes I am not that fast.

Well I crushed it! Finished in 2:49:16! And I finished strong continuing to accelerate up the last 1/2 mi hill and again on the .2mi flat at the finish. I couldn't believe it when I saw a 2:50 elapsed time on the clock! I thought I was on a 3:05 pace and it blew me away. Now I need to do even better at the 3M half in January which is know as a PB half since its basically downhill with shallow rolling hills.

bob e v
                          2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

jdmcgregor

All business

Nice going bobev! That's a heck of an improvement in times and a nice PB.  You'll rock the 3M i'm sure.

My small victory for the day:

I ran my 10,000th mile yesterday! A nice milestone.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I missed posting this Sunday. I ran the Austin Decker Challenge Half Marathon on Sunday, a race that Runners World classifies as one of the most challenging/difficult halves in the country. I've run it twice before with fastest time of 3:10 (yeah, old and slow). I've been training with Coach Ashley of ACT Running and for a change listening to good advice. With cooler weather goal was to beat 3:10 and maybe hit 3:00. Should also add that my half PB is 2:55 so even on flatter routes I am not that fast.

Well I crushed it! Finished in 2:49:16! And I finished strong continuing to accelerate up the last 1/2 mi hill and again on the .2mi flat at the finish. I couldn't believe it when I saw a 2:50 elapsed time on the clock! I thought I was on a 3:05 pace and it blew me away. Now I need to do even better at the 3M half in January which is know as a PB half since its basically downhill with shallow rolling hills.

WTG Bobev!!

CT JEFF

I've run it twice before with fastest time of 3:10

my half PB is 2:55

Well I crushed it! Finished in 2:49:16!

AWESOME! It feels great when a plan comes together! Great job!

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!