Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

obiebyke

Great job, bobev and jd! I love this thread.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Nice going bobev! That's a heck of an improvement in times and a nice PB.  You'll rock the 3M i'm sure.

My small victory for the day:

I ran my 10,000th mile yesterday! A nice milestone.

Awesome! I'm not even close to that milestone! I started running in July 2008 and have yet to log 1,000 mi in a year. In fact I need 70 mi to make it. Not enough weeks to get there while be sure not to get injured. Keep up the good work!

all - thanks! I'm still on cloud 9! Keep thinking I could have done better! LOL I also need to be checking in here more often and cheering folks on.... shame on me

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Outside Lane

Congrats bobev!  That's great news!

See how they run...

Outside Lane

I hit 600 miles for the year today - most ever for me in a single year - trying for 21 more to hit the 1000k mark!

See how they run...

BeeRunB

Bob! Awesome achievement. Keep going!

--Jimmy

I missed posting this Sunday. I ran the Austin Decker Challenge Half Marathon on Sunday, a race that Runners World classifies as one of the most challenging/difficult halves in the country. I've run it twice before with fastest time of 3:10 (yeah, old and slow). I've been training with Coach Ashley of ACT Running and for a change listening to good advice. With cooler weather goal was to beat 3:10 and maybe hit 3:00. Should also add that my half PB is 2:55 so even on flatter routes I am not that fast.

Well I crushed it! Finished in 2:49:16! And I finished strong continuing to accelerate up the last 1/2 mi hill and again on the .2mi flat at the finish. I couldn't believe it when I saw a 2:50 elapsed time on the clock! I thought I was on a 3:05 pace and it blew me away. Now I need to do even better at the 3M half in January which is know as a PB half since its basically downhill with shallow rolling hills.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I hit 600 miles for the year today - most ever for me in a single year - trying for 21 more to hit the 1000k mark!

Super! Keep up the good work.

Thanks jimmyb! lots of slow running with Coach Ashley's groups has been a great help. That and Baxter fartleks, he stops, sniffs, marks, then sprints to catch up! I think he's trying to kill me with some of his sprints!

bob e v

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Tim_Easterday

Hit 175 lbs on the bench press this morning. Pretty happy with that (I only weigh 150 lbs). Haven't lifted weights in 20 years. Joining a gym a few months ago has really paid off!

Cool Jump Suit

That's awesome!  My goal was always to do 100 lbs over my body weight.  I did it once in college (got to 275 lbs; weighed 155 lbs).  Never been close since.  I would love to get into weight lifting shape and try again......

P.S.  I weigh less now.  

Hit 175 lbs on the bench press this morning. Pretty happy with that (I only weigh 150 lbs). Haven't lifted weights in 20 years. Joining a gym a few months ago has really paid off!

So bittersweet,
                  This tragedy
                  Won't ask for absolution;
                  This melody,
                  Inside of me,
                  Still searches for solution.
                  A twist of faith,
                  A change of heart
                  Cures my infatuation.
                  A broken heart, 
                  Provides the spark
                  For my determination.

Tim_Easterday

Yeah I got up to about 75 lbs above my body weight in my 20's (and I weighed the same then). But changing jobs and moving took me away from my lifting buddies and I got lazy. I probably won't bench so much as I did back then though.

That's awesome!  My goal was always to do 100 lbs over my body weight.  I did it once in college (got to 275 lbs; weighed 155 lbs).  Never been close since.  I would love to get into weight lifting shape and try again......

P.S.  I weigh less now.  

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Another new milestone on my way to first marathon. 20mi, 4:42, not to much pain/stiffness afterward. Need a few more of those and I'll be ready for the big one, Austin Marathon on 2/16 and completion of the full Austin Distance Challenge of 6 races.

bob e v

bobev:     you"ve come a long way & through a lot of stuff.    great work!

oops

Andy X

Good work! That was my target but gonna just come up short due to too many injury problems over the year.

Neat year I intend to hit 700, I just found out this weekend I have a place in the London Marathon so I'd better get out more.

I finally ran again today! I've really slacked off the last 3 months or so - only running every once in a great while, and I hadn't run at all in at least a month. Felt *really* good to get back out there, even if it was only for 1.5 miles or so. Going back to getting in my run-every-day groove that I had going strong at the beginning of last year, so I'm already looking forward to tomorrow's run! Big grin

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)

redleaf

back to back half marathons in Allen TX

2013-12-31 2:41:00 - a 5 minute and 39 second PR

2014-01-01 2:43:38 - the day after a PR

Still pretty stoked about the whole thing although it's only now, at 9:30 pm in Dallas that I am shaking the "I never ever want to run again" thoughts lol

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362