Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

bpangie

Age group awards are nice and all.... but there ain't nothin' like actually crossing the string. 

Since this is the official thread for bragging I can say here, and maybe only here!, that I won a half marathon today, and I had to fight hard to do it, making it all the more satisfying.  It's not a real large race, and a lot of people stay away because the weather in January in Kansas is a total crapshoot, but nevertheless I beat everyone who showed up today to race with a 28 mph (no kidding) wind blowing out of the NW.  Mostly it was at our back, but there were about 4 miles net where we had to run west, including the final mile, and it was a mother.  And the course is very hilly to boot. Feelin' good this evening.

Nice. Everytime I sign up for a small race I think I can win, there's some other joker thinking the same thing. Except that dudes always just a bit faster...

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Age group awards are nice and all.... but there ain't nothin' like actually crossing the string. 

Since this is the official thread for bragging I can say here, and maybe only here!, that I won a half marathon today, and I had to fight hard to do it, making it all the more satisfying.  It's not a real large race, and a lot of people stay away because the weather in January in Kansas is a total crapshoot, but nevertheless I beat everyone who showed up today to race with a 28 mph (no kidding) wind blowing out of the NW.  Mostly it was at our back, but there were about 4 miles net where we had to run west, including the final mile, and it was a mother.  And the course is very hilly to boot. Feelin' good this evening.

Joe, Way.To.Go!

You beat the people who didn't show up, too!

joescott

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Congratulations, Joe!

Runners run

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

And in crap conditions too!  Congratulations, Joe!

steph  

Joann Y

Pretty damn cool!

This isn't a post regarding what I did for the day....

This is a post regarding what my FIL did yesterday.

He's 65+ years old, and began running in September, 2011.  He never ran a day in his life prior to that time.  He wasn't very active (athletically) during the first 63+ years of his life.  He's an academic type of guy.

Yesterday, according to his Garmin, he ran 26.2 miles in 5:11:28.  He did it for fun (not a race).

He's the type of guy that motivates me and reminds me that I can do whatever I put my mind toward.  His resume and CV is filled with challenges that seem impossible, and only recently stumbled upon an athletic challenge.

"Prof Bob" is a RockStar!  He's not a forum contributor (or reader), so I'm posting for him.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

He's 65+ years old, and began running in September, 2011.  He never ran a day in his life prior to that time.  He wasn't very active (athletically) during the first 63+ years of his life.  He's an academic type of guy.

Yesterday, according to his Garmin, he ran 26.2 miles in 5:11:28.  He did it for fun (not a race).

He's the type of guy that motivates me and reminds me that I can do whatever I put my mind toward.  His resume and CV is filled with challenges that seem impossible, and only recently stumbled upon an athletic challenge.

"Prof Bob" is a RockStar!  He's not a forum contributor (or reader), so I'm posting for him.

Nice.

steph  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Give him my Imaginary Friend congratulations!

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

RockStar indeed Whoa!!!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

It's not a calendar month, but today I hit 200 miles for the past 30 days. First time I've ever done that.

I'm ramping up my mileage and feeling great. Hansons Marathon Method has been a great plan for me, and this group has been so helpful for running tips and good stories (such as what kind of band aids to put on my nipples, and learning to keep my shoes loose to avoid foot and calf pain).

Thanks, all!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

joescott

It's not a calendar month, but today I hit 200 miles for the past 30 days. First time I've ever done that.

Awesome!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Nashville Dog Runner

200 miles in 30 days is outstanding.  I wish I could do something like that.  My small victory will lead to what I hope is a big loss.  I did NOT eat 1/2 a jar of nutella today or yesterday.  A streak is beginning.

www.nashvilledogrunner.com

200 miles in 30 days is outstanding.  I wish I could do something like that.  My small victory will lead to what I hope is a big loss.  I did NOT eat 1/2 a jar of nutella today or yesterday.  A streak is beginning.

Day 3, keep it going!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

ATC Heart & Sole 5K

RA race predictor 29:52 from a marathon 11 months ago(best time in the past year)

Ego <25

I started with the  2nd  wave.Plan was to start with the 3rd wave(>30:00)

Finish clock 27: x x

Garmin upload 25:06. I forgot the 2nd wave was 2:00 behind the  1st wave.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/