Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

running > all else

Those milestones are so meaningful. They keep you motivated. FANTASTIC work!

I ran 5 miles today. The longest I have ever run!
    Andy X

I hit my 24th consecutive month with 100+ miles over the weekend.

Not a huge accomplishment, but one that I feel is important to my long term success and commitment to running.

Thanks to physio & pain management, I finally went through my first ever 100 miles a month barrier last night, so I have a way to go to match you npaden but I'm personally very happy! A couple of months back it didn't seem likely, now I'm more confident that I will feel ok up until the London Marathon in April & then beyond.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Good job, folks!  It wasn't too long ago that a one mile run was a milestone for me! Smile

SubDood

Great job on all the big and small victories!

With an injury, nasty cold, and bad weather, my running victories have been few and far between lately. So my small victory for today was that, for the first time, I dunked a ball. Well, a snowball. The hoop may not have been regulation height, either.

dunk

Andy X

Great pic SubDood, if the UK had snow like that everything would grind to a halt!

Chris Pinney

listening to my body and resting today.very impressive for me and Its 60 degrees.

BeeRunB

Finished and published my first comic of the year after about a month of learning how to draw with a tablet and the open-source GIMP software. Learning new software puts the panties of my mind all in a bunch, as the directions are always written as if a robot was hired to write them. But I got there, and have created a system. Yay! 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Finished and published my first comic of the year after about a month of learning how to draw with a tablet and the open-source GIMP software. Learning new software puts the panties of my mind all in a bunch, as the directions are always written as if a robot was hired to write them. But I got there, and have created a system. Yay! 

Good job.  Hope you can unsnarl the panties of your mind now.  Gimp is worth learning, but yeah, it takes perseverance.  There are some decent tutorials out there in the webz, outside the official documentation.

Runslowalksalot

I'm on my 4th day with no alcohol and as a result of my increased recovery rate ( or simply lack of recovery inhibitor) I was able to run 2 consecutive days; and felt good about  it!

snapa55

Just ended the month with a 6 mile run, bringing my February total to 206 miles.  By far the most I've ever run in a month!

5K: 18:43 (12/13) 10K: 42:50 (12/12) HM: 1:30:10 (3/14) M: 3:34:46 (5/14)

running > all else

Running in the 7 to 8 mile category now, per run...not timing it, and can't believe how well it's going. It was suggested here (and by a few runners in my offline life) for me to stop timing myself, and what a world of difference. I'm running longer now, and enjoying it more. Smile

My HM is in June, will I eventually be timing myself before that? I just wonder if that ever becomes something to focus on, for a long distance race. (unless you're obviously shooting for a certain time, as an elite runner, etc)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Just ended the month with a 6 mile run, bringing my February total to 206 miles.  By far the most I've ever run in a month!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Running in the 7 to 8 mile category now, per run...not timing it, and can't believe how well it's going. It was suggested here (and by a few runners in my offline life) for me to stop timing myself, and what a world of difference. I'm running longer now, and enjoying it more. Smile

My HM is in June, will I eventually be timing myself before that? I just wonder if that ever becomes something to focus on, for a long distance race. (unless you're obviously shooting for a certain time, as an elite runner, etc)

WTG.

No watch. No way. In my world.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

4:57:16 Albany marathon. 1st time under 5 in almost a year. It was a mostly flat course with some gradual inclines. I will take it.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

4:57:16 Albany marathon. 1st time under 5 in almost a year. It was a mostly flat course with some gradual inclines. I will take it.

Ah, we're in Georgia.  Confused me for a minute.

Anyway, WTG and congrats, runnerclay!