Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

4:57:16 Albany marathon. 1st time under 5 in almost a year. It was a mostly flat course with some gradual inclines. I will take it.

Congrats Ron!

steph  

Andy X

I ran the 31st Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon today, my longest race since the 1994 London Marathon. Tough, hilly course so very pleased to get round in under 1.46. I also ran the 1st 30 years ago, I was second to last in 2.25! At least I've come on a bit. Smile

HappyFeat

At least I've come on a bit. Smile

Definitely!!! Great work, Andy!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

BeeRunB

Waist is finally below 37". I think I can finally wear my Hello Kitty thong again at South Beach this year.

running > all else

Really? So, you never time your runs ever?

WTG.

No watch. No way. In my world.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Really? So, you never time your runs ever?

I always time my runs. I day without a watch is like a day without SUNSHINE. A watch is a tool.  It should be used properly. Would you run repeats by feel?

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Andy X

Definitely!!! Great work, Andy!

Thanks Happy Feat!

There's another thread called 'Running with your Sweetie' where I promised to be back in a race before my wife - she was back 8 minutes before me. 

running > all else

Lol I agree, I've always timed my runs but advice given to me on this site and from offline friends in prep for the HM, to not time my runs for a while and just focus on increasing the mileage. It took a mind shift from timing to not, but now I kind of enjoy not stressing over pace. Glad to see there are others obsessed with pace as I once was. Big grin

I always time my runs. I day without a watch is like a day without SUNSHINE. A watch is a tool.  It should be used properly. Would you run repeats by feel?

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

After dialing back the mileage because of some sickness a few weeks ago, I'm back at it, and nailed my longest week yet - 59.1 miles. Had I known I was at 59.1, I would have tacked on another .9 somewhere so I could get to 60! Either way, very happy with the mileage I've been doing, and grateful for the milestone.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

Mostly harmless

I got up for work on time the Monday after we set the clocks ahead an hour. woot!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Last 7 days: 44.7 mi 9:58:56
                        Last 30 days: 143.2 mi 32:06:33
                        Now to put it together in the same month.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Slow-smooth-fast

First week back after a long hiatus. 32 mile week. Breathing hard but feels good to be back.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

joescott

Won AG in a big 4-mile race here yesterday with a PR (7th OA).  Also beat all the young bucks at my workplace who seem intent on toppling the old guy.  (OK, that might be my paranoia talking).  Also beat a KC area masters' guy who I've never beaten before; he's that guy who is always just 5 or 10 seconds ahead of me in every 5k, if you know what I mean.  Although he told me that "it wasn't there" for him today, and I certainly understand and respect that, I like getting the V today over him because it says to him and me that it can happen. 

Only downside was that after making a move on a guy to pass him with about half a mile left, he fought back and took me back with about 400 to go and from there I couldn't quite re-take him and lost to him by 2 seconds.  When that sort of thing happens I always feel like a pussy for losing in the final quarter, but considering how beat up I felt today and what a struggle it was to get through my run this afternoon, I think I have to conclude that I did race hard, and even though I may not have left absolutely *everything* out there, apparently I left most of it out there.

Most of all, I am very encouraged to race this well off almost ONLY aerobic mileage this winter.  I just barely started a little bit of hard stuff this week, so I'm hoping this may be a sign that I'm going to be on a strong trajectory for 2014.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow, WTG joescott!!

BeeRunB

Yesterday: gotta get tax crap done. 

Today: finished!